Chapter 29- Recall

April 30

Students were still bustling around on campus even in the summer. It was high noon and it was a good thing a breeze blew every once in awhile to cool everybody up. That's where you see the iron will of a PLMayer, not even the heat could keep them from completing their units.

Hera had been sitting on the seats right outside the door of the Office of Student Development and Services for 20 minutes now. Atleast she had one of her downloaded K-Pop fanfictions keeping her occupied for the whole time. She wore a plain gray blouse and jeans.

The office's door opened.

Hera turned off her phone and hid it in her pocket, fearing a school staff would scold her for reading that stuff. She relaxed when she saw it was just her friend in a pink t-shirt and denim jeans.

"Oh ano na? Magsusummer ka?" Hera asked.

"..."

"O sagot be! Ano na sabi nila?" Hera stood up, already worried her friend was going to cry. "Beh! Kinakabahan na ko para sayo!"

"Kailangan ko ulitin yung EPI-2," Sarah said sadly and cried on to Hera's shoulder.

"Aw," Hera hugged her and patted Sarah on the back. "Beh, okay lang yan. Sana naman masmabait yung sunod na magiging prof mo."

"Kainis naman kasi si Ma'am Chi eh! Ba't ba ang baba niya magbigay ng grade?" she sobbed even more, soaking Hera's shoulder.

"Beh, edi ibig sabihin nun magkasama kayo ni-"

"Sarah! Ba't ka umiiyak?!" a loud girl interrupted Hera.

"Speaking of..." Hera saw the girl in the pale pink blouse and fitted denim jeans.

"Bakit Sarah? Ano na mayayari sayo?" Alora said with concern.

"Naku beh, uulitin niya yung EPI. Talagang pinlano siguro na maaksidente ka para makasabay mo si Sarah no?" Hera said. She told them to sit down with Sarah in between them. Both tried to comfort her.

"May karamay ka naman oh! Makikita mo pa naman kami diba?" Hera said.

"Alam ko namang makikita ko pa rin yung pagmumuka niyo e. Yung problema nga lang hassle pa siya! Magagalit talaga tatay ko sakin. Huhuhu." Sarah cried.

"Okay lang yan Sarah. Ako nga uulit ako ng first year eh!" Alora hugged Sarah tightly and tried to be as optimistic as possible. "Look at the bright side. "Ate" na tawag satin ng mga kaklase natin, madadalian na tayo kasi advanced na tayo sa lessons. Madali na lang yan, grace ni Lord na yung tutulong sayo."

Sarah didn't sound like she was crying anymore. Alora felt happy that she was already cheering her up. She loosened her hug and looked at the sky.

"Alam mo nga, nung panahon na nagising nako sa coma, ang dami kong inisip na negative na kung ano-ano. Gaano katagal ko iniwan ng malungkot si Mama at Papa? Kamusta na kaya kayo? Sila Joy kaya kamusta na? Paano na kaya yung grades ko? Sa lahat ng pagaalala ko, muntik ko na makalimutan tanungin sarili ko: Nag-thank you na ba ako kay Lord na buhay pa ko?" Alora's eyes began to well up. "Alam mo Sarah, sobrang nagpapasalamat lang ako na kung ano man yung nayari nung gabing muntik nako mamatay dahil kay Janus, alam ko lang na hindi ako pinabayaan ni Lord. Pinadala Niya si kuya Norman pati si Michael. Kahit grabe na yung condition ko, ni isang sandali hindi ako iniwan ni Lord. Dahil lang sa Kanya, nakayanan ko lahat ng binigay na test sakin. Sobrang grabe yung thankfulness ko kay Dad ko sa heaven. Dad mo rin Siya, Sarah. Di ka rin Niya kakalimutan, kaya wag ka na malungkot okay?"

Sarah was totally quiet now. Alora took that as a sign that she was alright so she let go of her.

Alora stared at the ground wistfully.

"May isa na lang nga akong gusto ipagpray ngayon eh. Na sana... sana okay lang si Michael... kung asan man siya ngayon."

The memory of the night Janus took her hostage flashed in her mind. She recalled seeing Michael with his body glowing and an enraged expression on his face. She remembered the strange flash that blinded her before she blacked out and heard a hazy voice desperately calling out her name.

"Sinasabi daw sa news na may super powers daw siya. Ewan ko ba kung totoo yun. Ewan ko kung ba't nawala lang siya ng bigla. Ewan ko kung ano talaga nayari nung gabing yun. Ang alam ko lang, sinubukan niya kong iligtas. Di man lang ako nakapagthank you bago siya nawala. I hope... I hope he's safe..."

A moment of silence.

Alora hugged Sarah again. For her, the three months she's been gone seemed like ages. Now that she was back to reality, even though she had to practically repeat an entire school year, she couldn't be happier to be back with her friends.

Then the moment was becoming too silent.

It was just the three of them in that hallway but not even Hera could keep that quiet for so long.

"Sarah?" she turned to see Sarah completely still. Hera wasn't moving either.

"I'm safe," somebody said.

Alora was feeling a little creeped out. She stood up and saw another guy sprawling relaxed on the seat at the far end of the row. He had thick but short black hair, a high-bridged nose, and a calm half-smile. He wore a red polo shirt and dark denim jeans.

Alora couldn't believe the ghost in front of her....
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"MICHAEL!!!?"

Michael's eyes slowly met Alora's.

"K-kamusta na?" he shakily said.