Chapter 15: Jimin

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean," Namjoon said, warily. He knew exactly what she was alluding to but he didn't want to reveal anything just in case she was a saesang or lying. They didn't know anything about this person. Caution. That was what they were told. To be cautious. 

Jimin felt Jungkook hold his breath beside him. They all wanted Freya to be telling the truth. 

The brown-haired beauty cocked her head to the side, "A few months ago, my cousin turned eighteen and got her soul mark. Well, soul marks. She found out she had seven."

This time, Jimin held his own breath in anticipation. Could it be...?

"Uh, she hid the initials for a while. You see, she doesn't have the best relationship with soul mates. For reasons I can't divulge, she never wanted to meet her soul mates. I started noticing she was listening to a lot of your videos—well, more than usual at least. Every time she watched your videos, her eyes would brighten. I knew there was something going on. And then, I saw the initials. K.S., M.Y., J.H., K.N., P.J., K.T. and J.J."

Their initials. Could it be a coincidence or something more?

"I told my uncle—her dad—and he managed to get tickets to your last concert in Seoul. She even had tickets for a meet and greet. She was the only one so I had no idea how it would go. She returned quicker than I thought and was upset. She said she met you guys and found out you weren't her soul mates. I only found out that she didn't mean you guys when I got the email." She explained, tucking a strand of her wavy dark hair behind her ear.

Namjoon quickly translated Freya's words to the rest of them. Once he was done, Jimin snapped his gaze back to Freya.

"W—Where is...she...now?" Jimin managed to ask her in English.

Freya pressed her lips together firmly and took a moment to reply. "She was supposed to come with me but she canceled last minute. I didn't tell her she was meeting you guys but she asked me not to email back. I honestly don't know much but there's something seriously wrong."

Namjoon once again summarized Freya's words for them in Korean. 

"We felt like something's wrong too," Namjoon surprised the rest of them by admitting. "We arranged this meeting because we believe your cousin is our soul mate."

Freya smiled softly at them, "I believe so too. And...I think she knows it too. But for some reason, she didn't meet you guys that day in Seoul and since then, she's been more distant than usual. We're all worried about her. Did—" She paused, flickering her warm gaze to each of them. "Did you see her?"

Yoongi shifted in his seat, not wanting to say he had bumped into their soul mate in a cafe in Seoul. Jimin knew his hyung was beating himself up for not chasing after her. He felt responsible for losing her. 

"Yoongi did," Jungkook answered, shocking the rest of them. The second oldest threw the maknae a look.

Freya arched an eyebrow, shocked.

Namjoon laughed awkwardly. Jimin knew he was quickly coming up with an answer that didn't confirm it was Freya's cousin. So far, everything she said was a coincidence. Her cousin might not be their soul mate. Hell, he still didn't know her name.

Shit, they didn't know her name.

"Yoongi bumped into our soul mate in a cafe the day after the concert. He didn't have time to identify her because she fled." Namjoon said, quietly.

Recognition flashed on Freya's face. "Wait..." She started, licking her lips. "Was the cafe called Dimple?"

Yoongi's back straightened in an instant. Reluctantly, he replied. "Yes."