Eighteen

trigger warning: mature content ahead. Viewer discretion advised. Not for minors.

I-ji's POV

THE NEXT MORNING

I roll over in my bed as the sunlight filters through the windows. Home sweet home. I relish in the feeling before getting up and checking the clock on my bedside table. 7:00 AM. fucking jet lag had me waking up at such an ungodly hour when it's supposed to be a break for me.

Trudging down the stairs I greet my father, who is sat in the armchair by the TV. Beside him on the couch, sleeping soundly, is Yoongi-oppa. As soon as we exchanged good mornings, my father fixes his fond gaze on my sleeping boyfriend once again.

"At this point, Dad, I'm seriously doubting whether he's my boyfriend, or yours."

My father chuckles softly, careful not to wake him.

He lights another cigarette in his heated tobacco device, taking a long puff.

"You know Dad, those things are bad for you. You're bloody nearing 70, it's time to quit after a lifetime, no?"

"Yeah, says you, you little shit. I don't see you stopping anytime soon, either, so stop being a hypocrite," my father jibes back.

Hmph.

The house settles back down to a comfortable silence. Silence that is cut only by my boyfriends steady breaths as he sleeps.

"Dad, have you eaten?"

"Nah."

"You're still the same. Just get off your ass for a second every morning to grab a bite to eat or something. Staying on an empty stomach for so long can't be good for you."

"You haven't stopped nagging me since you'd stepped through the front doors, Jee. If I'd known this is the way it's gonna be, then I wouldn't have let you in through the door in the first place," my dad jokes.

"Yeah, yeah, ok. I'll get started on breakfast. Mum still waking up at around 9:30?"

"You know it."

I head into the kitchen, snooping through the fridge and the pantry. As I expected, no unhealthy options available. Classic mother.

We have nearly everything I needed, except for milk and syrup. I'll just run to the store to get the rest of the ingredients, and something extra to spice up the breakfast. It's been a while since I've seen my parents, and it's been longer since I'd last cooked for them.

I steal my dad's car keys, hollering that I'm off to the store. I'm not too concerned about waking Yoongi-oppa and my mum, they're both heavy sleepers anyway.

SOME TIME LATER

Alright. Pancakes are done, I've got the maple syrup on the set table. Hong-Kong Style ham omlettes are done, and they're all in the oven to keep them warm. The macaroni is boiled and strained, ready to be added to the simmering cream-styled broth. The extra strong Hong Kong Style milk tea is simmering on the stove and the coffee machine is turned on and ready.

Yes, I made my parents the Hong Kong-styled breakfast that we all missed.

With one last look that nothing is overspilling, I headed upstairs to wake my mum.

"Muum,"

I sat on the side of my parents bed.

"Wake up, I made breakfast."

My mother whined, turning over with her back facing me.

I took the chance, and jumped on the bed, cuddling my mum, koala-style.