seven

CHAPTER SEVEN

Draco Malfoy was just trying to enjoy a peaceful afternoon, he had an apple that tasted perfect and it was a nice snowy day which meant he didn't have to go practice quidditch.

He was walking down a semi-empty hallway lost in his thoughts, not really paying much attention to his surroundings, until he was yanked into a broom closet, causing him to drop his apple.

"Did you curse Katie Bell?" Ellison whisper shouted, she had the tip of her wand aimed at his face using the Lumos spell to shine light.

He rolled his eyes, "Do you know how often it is that I find the perfect apple? Not sour or bitter at all, just a nice, sweet apple. Not often. There are few things that bring joy to my life and perfect apples are one of them and now my perfect apple is on the disgusting ground. I can't enjoy it anymore thanks to you."

She swatted his arm, "I asked you a question."

He looked off to the side, "No. Technically I didn't put her under the Imperius curse. I cast it on Madam Rosmerta and then she cast it on Katie Bell, so if we're being technical, no I did not."

"She almost died, Draco."

"Well, it was meant for Dumbledore. In case you've forgotten we do have to kill him. You haven't contributed any ideas to doing that, by the way, so don't complain about my methods."

"Well, I overheard Harry in McGonagall's office. He's accused you of doing it."

"He's always accusing me of doing something. His broom goes missing? I did it. His glasses aren't on his bedside table? I've snuck in and snatched them. Granger's mad about something? Well what did Malfoy say to her today? His shower water is cold? That damn Malfoy, he's probably cursed the pipes. He peels a banana and it's got spots on it? Well, didn't you know, Ellison? I'm an expert on fruits and hid all of the decent bananas, only leaving behind the worst for him. No one's going to believe him, Ellison."

She sighed, "Could you just refrain from doing anything else remotely suspicious? Maybe try a bit harder to not blow our cover?"

He frowned but instead of saying anything, he nodded, looking around, "You know classes have ended for the day and now we're stuck in here for at least ten more minutes right?" He changed the subject.

"No we're not."

"Yes, we are. Do you want everyone to see us walking out of here together? It'd be my luck for Potter to walk by and accuse me of putting you under the Imperius curse."

She rolled her eyes, "You're so dramatic. I have things to do, you know. I don't have time to wait around."

"Oh, I doubt it. What? Are you going to be late for your little Slug Club dinner?" He teased.

"How did you know about that?"

He shrugged, "Don't know."

She swatted his arm again, "Tell me."

He rubbed his hand on his arm, "Ouch." He mumbled.

She gave him a look and he sighed. "I may or may not have overheard McLaggen talking about how he was going to use it as his opportunity to talk to you."

She wrinkled her nose in disgust, "Ew. Gross."

He nodded, "That's what I thought too."

"Really?" She asked.

"Yeah, you can do better then him, I mean, not much better, but a little better than him." He couldn't be too nice to her, so his compliment slash insult would have to do.