two

CHAPTER TWO

Ellison Avery found herself following Draco down the dark hallways to a room she'd never been in before. She followed him inside.

"This is the Room of Requirement." He informed her, shutting the door behind them.

"Why did you need to show me this?"

"We have a task."

"We?" She asked him, it had been radio silent from Voldemort for weeks, wouldn't he have let her know himself if he had a task for her?

He nodded, "You took the Mark, this is your task. We have to fix the Vanishing Cabinet. There's one in here and one in Borgin and Burkes. It's how we'll get the Death Eaters in the school."

"Oh."

"Come on, I'll show you it." He motioned for her to follow him.

He led them down the rows of things and stopped in a corner, there was something big covered by a sheet. He yanked the sheet down and stared up at it.

"Is this the Vanishing Cabinet?" She asked.

He turned to her, "We start tomorrow. It must be completed before we leave for summer holidays."

"Do you know how to fix it?" She asked.

"I've thought on it all summer, I can't figure it out. It's why he wants you to help. He figures two people can get it done faster."

She nodded, "Alright."

He turned and headed back the way he'd come in, "I have things to do today. I'll meet you back here tomorrow during your free period." He called over his shoulder.

-

She was sitting in the Gryffindor common room, she'd been reading a book about fixing broken magical items for the past two hours. Harry had walked past her twice, each time eyeing her book.

Finally she realized he was staring and got up and left the room. She slammed the door of her dorm room and climbed in her bed closing the curtains around her.

She opened her page to where she'd left off. She read the entire book before finally falling asleep with it still in her arms.

She woke up around two in the morning. She couldn't sleep any longer so she quietly crept out of the room. If anyone caught her up at this hour she would be in trouble.

She snuck out of the common room and disappeared down the hallway. She stayed close to the walls and hid behind banners when she could. She finally made it to where she needed to be.

The Room of Requirement.

When the door finally appeared for her, she walked in. She walked to the back corner where the cabinet was. She could hear footsteps coming from somewhere in the room. She stopped in front of the cabinet. The footsteps stopped behind her.

"What are you doing?" A voice asked her.

She turned, "I could ask you the same thing."

Draco was a few feet behind her, "I'm trying to fix this stupid cabinet, isn't it obvious?"

She shook her head, "No, not really."

He rolled his eyes, "Shouldn't you be asleep?"

"I just woke up."