My eyes widen as I see a bloodied Alora walk in with a tissue pressed against her nose. Did someone hurt her? That thought alone fills me with so much anger that I struggle to contain it. She stares at us and runs away, pulling everyone out of their frozen state. "What happened to her? Did she get in a fight? Oh my God! My baby's first fight, she better have won," Lorenzo exclaims, earning glares from everyone. "I don't know what happened, I found her like this. She didn't say much," Bruno says, sighing heavily.

"We can talk about it at dinner," I announce, prompting everyone to return to their previous tasks, except for me. I sit there, drowning in my thoughts as I contemplate the events that transpired.

--------

"WHAT!" Dad yells, making everyone wince. We had told them as much as we knew, and when Alora came down with that bandage, it made Dad and Alex furious. They were so angry, even if they didn't show it, you could practically feel the anger radiating from them.

"What do you mean you will deal with it?" Alex questions with a deadly glare.

"I mean, I will deal with it. Please eat, both of you! Xander, I'm okay. Dad, I'm fine," Alora says softly. But as she realizes she called him 'Dad', her eyes widen and she trembles with fear. Dad, who looked like a child opening their Christmas presents, was more than happy. But looking at Alora, his happiness vanished. "It's okay, thank you so much for calling me, Alora. It means a lot," Dad says, reassuring her. "You're not mad?" She whispered, making Dad give her a heartfelt smile. "Why would I be mad when that is your birthright?" Those words seem to calm her down.

After learning that Alora could possibly have experienced abuse, I couldn't stop my tears. The only time that I cried before that was when Serine left us all. Listening to the doctor's words felt as if someone ripped my heart out and stomped on it. It felt like I was dying inside, the pain of not being able to protect my sister.

"Seriously, you're kidding. Why are you so pathetic?" Marco spat out in anger, making me glare at him. Marco had always turned all his emotions into anger. If he was sad, upset, he would turn all of that into anger and say things he didn't mean. Which is what he was doing with Alora. I looked at Alora, who was clenching onto the fork so hard her knuckles were turning white.

"What, got nothing to say-" Marco was interrupted by Dad. "Stop, Marco, we talked about this behavior."

"NO! She needs to understand how much of a burden she is. What happened to you, huh? Nothing happened, you lived like a normal child with a mother that we didn't have. OKAY! Stop acting like something happened, it-" This time, he was not interrupted by Dad but by Alora laughing. Her laugh was filled with pain and anger. Everyone looked at her with wide eyes.

Alora had always been so well-mannered, so scared to make any mistakes or do anything wrong. But finally, over the past few days, she was warming up, making jokes, and roasting Bruno. Looking at her now, I couldn't believe she was the same girl.

"Acting! Acting! Acting!" She scoffs bitterly, laughing again. "You don't understand. You don't know what it's like. You have no idea how much I've suffered. So, stop pretending like you know because you don't." She snapped at him. Her face was so red with anger, she was breathing so heavily while grinding her teeth. Her narrow eyes pierced through Marco. Alora stands, pushing her plate and stomping away. Silence falls in the room.

Dad was the first one to say something. "Marco. Office. Now," Dad says, glaring at Marco coldly. As everyone left, we decided to give Alora some space, but I didn't think that was what she needed right now.

So, I find myself knocking on her door softly. I hear shuffling from behind before the door opens slightly as Alora stares at me, opening the door wider, a silent invite. I walked in slowly, making sure she was comfortable with my movements. Making my way to her desk, I see her drawing a picture of our family. That sight made my heart melt, and a small smile made its way onto my face.

"It's very beautiful," I whisper softly, making her smile slightly as she gives me a mumbled thank you. I decided to show her a part of me no one had seen.

"I want to show you something, if that's okay with you..?" I questioned nervously. I can't even remember the last time I had ever felt like this. She nodded hesitantly as I walked out of her room with Alora right behind me.

I open my room door widely, gesturing to her to go inside. I took her towards my second closet, which wasn't meant for clothes. I open the door for her, a door which has never been opened to anyone before.

She gasps as she looks around at all my paintings/drawings. This was my own personal art studio. Art calmed me down, helped me let go of everything. I felt at peace.

I watch as Alora looks through some of my artworks, occasionally questioning me about them. I was not aware of how long we spent there together, simply just bonding over art. A connection that made us both feel at peace.

"Is it okay if I could sleep here tonight?" Alora stuttered nervously, making me smile. I smiled more with her than I had ever smiled in my entire life. I gesture her to bed, and I walk into my bathroom to shower and change.

I walk out to see Alora already asleep, walking closer I grab my phone to take a photo. A photo that's probably going to end up being my wallpaper. I slowly climb next to my baby sister and close my eyes.

Her coming here was the best decision ever, it was as if God was rewarding us, but due to everything we had done, Alora suffered. The times we enjoyed our luxury, she was in pain.

Alora had been through something, none of us knew if and will never know if she didn't tell us, but today we had opened a door we didn't know how to close.

Author's note

Such a long chapter! First time in Vincenzo's P.O.V! I uploaded the first chapter of my other book! you guys can check that one out as well :)

Thoughts about the chapter..?

Quote of the day,well more like poetry but yeah:

Don't throw pebbles in water even someone drinks that, Don't talk about death looking at you someone lives.

That lowkey sounded better in my head :(