"No. The Chancellor needs you." Ahsoka countered, arguing with the older Jedi. Jaika sighed, realizing the situation and how they suddenly got pulled from a major mission to help the Chancellor. The statement of the Chancellor having a role in the master plan continued to play in her head, making Jaika frown as she tried to view the situation from a different perspective. "That's not fair." Obi-Wan stated with a softer voice, Ahsoka glared, "I'm not trying to be."

Jaika had to say something. "She has a point. There's so many systems being captured by the Separatists, that have no Republic forces helping them; so many people are living in fear because the Senate has chosen to ignore their cries for help. Coruscant is important as it's the center of the Republic, but that does not mean we should turn our backs on other planets too." Jaika reasoned as the others faced her. "Not like the Jedi has." She whispered, which Ahsoka was able to hear, as she sent Jaika a curious gaze, which she returned with sad eyes, as Jaika knew that Ahsoka was the only one who could understand her doubt and frustration.

Obi-Wan observed Jaika with a hum, while Ahsoka's understanding eyes morphed into ones of appreciation, thankful that Jaika continued to have her back. Proving that her loyalty towards her went beyond the Jedi. A silence fell upon the group, as the Jedi and force-user shared multiple glances. Jaika gazed up at Obi-Wan with desperate eyes, while his eyes sparked in determination. Anakin stepped between his two friends, "I'll divide the 501st, make a new division under Ahsoka's command." Anakin suggested, while Obi-Wan watched the Togruta girl with an emotionless expression. "Unfortunately, Ahsoka is no longer a part of the Grand Army of the Republic." Obi-Wan stated, crossing his arms.

"We'll promote Rex to Commander and have him lead the new division. Ahsoka can go with him as an adviser. What do you say?" Anakin suggested, turning to Ahsoka. Jaika smiled in agreement, knowing that Rex and Ahsoka could efficiently free the people of Mandalore. "I accept. That is, if Obi-Wan agrees." Ahsoka prodded, as she peered towards Obi-Wan, who stroked his beard. Jaika gazed between the two with awkward eyes. "Very well." He agreed.

Ahsoka bowed her head in gratitude, "May the force be with you." He wished and began to walk away, before turning back. "Oh, one other thing. I killed Maul once. Best to capture him. He doesn't seem to stay dead." Obi-Wan advised before walking out of the hanger. Jaika watched him leave with confused eyes.

Jaika faced Ahsoka with a smile, "I know you'll make the right choice, I believe in you. You're one of the best...fighters I've seen in my lifetime, Maul won't see you coming. It's nice to see you again, Ahsoka. I hope one day we can catch up, it it's all the same to you." Jaika spoke through a hidden meaning, which went undetected by Anakin. Ahsoka smiled towards Jaika, as she assessed the façade which failed to mask her eyes. Ahsoka knew that the moment the war ended, Jaika would leave - she could tell the Skywalker girl was run dry by the Jedi. "Thank you, Jaika. Your words always mean so much to me. I can always trust your judgment, and thank you, for having my back." Ahsoka shared, shooting her a knowing look. Jaika received her message, sending her a small smile of gratitude. Alpha wobbled beside Jaika, letting out a friendly beep while Ahsoka chuckled down at the enthusiastic droid.

"Good luck." Jaika wished with a nod, knowing that Ahsoka would need more than the force to succeed against Maul, and the war. The girl looked past her, meeting Rex's hopeful gaze, before Jaika sent Ahsoka a nod, looking her in the eyes - not knowing that would be the last time they ever see each other.

~☆~

The rising sun illuminated across the surface of Coruscant's outer atmosphere, as its light filled the planet's orbit with a calm serenity. The many cruisers and dreadnoughts were quick to disrupt that tranquility, as explosions detonated all around while the Republic and Separatist forces fired blaster cannons at each other.