2: Origin [2]

"Your perseverance and endurance is commendable." The man walked ahead while the black figures moved back giving him the way.

'Stay calm, he is trying to intimidate you.' I blinked as I heard a voice from the back of my head.

"Not many have overcome the sea of sands and had strength left to live, while your body is ready to give up, your mind is still pushing you, I admire your will." He stood before me with his black eyes locked into mine.

"I am truly anticipating our talk once you wake up." His lips slowly curled up into a fatherly smile.

"Wake up?" I muttered partially with my eyes narrowed at his words but before I received a reply, I sensed an attack coming from my right side.

It was a simple knife hand chop that I could have deflected or dodged if I was able to move my body but I couldn't feel anything below my neck.

The man was precise with his aim, he gave a sharp blow to the neck area just above the shoulder blades.

My legs gave out and the corner of my eyes began to get foggy. I was waiting for the impact with the floor but it never came as I felt two arms wrap around my shoulders and support my body from the sides.

"Rest well, Wayne." Those were the last words I heard before I drowned into the darkness.

I don't remember for how long I was falling into this black void of darkness, like a quick sand it kept pulling me in until I landed on a formless floor.

I looked around the empty space of nothingness, I couldn't see anything other than myself, it felt like I was in a vacuum of sorts because I couldn't hear either.

*Blup*

Or that's what I thought until I heard the sound of a drop of water. I stood still waiting for it to appear once more and it came, I walked towards the direction hoping to reach the source but this time a rain came pouring down.

The whole world around me changed into a moving portrait of black and white, I blinked in surprise as I found myself in front of a dark alley.

A lighting struck the building at the end of the path, the bright flash of light revealed three figures hidden in the dark, my eyes widened as the whole world got colors.

The figure of a kid was mourning as he held the body of his parents in his tiny hands and his face was covered in the blood of his mother, he kept calling her but she was not waking up.

I bit my lips trying to suppress the smile blooming in my face, I knew this scene, I have watched it multiple times in multiple different forms and I knew very well what's about to happen next and just as I predicted, a middle aged man came rushing towards the little boy followed by a bunch of police officers.

The world of black and white swirled into a single point and opened up once again but this time I was in a different location.

I was standing in a room surrounded by a lot of antiques and in the center of it all I saw the boy sparring against the middle-aged guy, the old one kept deflecting the punches thrown by the kid until he was panting for air.

The boy clenched his fist and turned around in a swift of fury and the scene changed once again, the boy was in his early teenage when he left the mansion and began a global sojourn.

I saw his journey from a kid to a young adult and everything he did through that time was train and train and train to become the best at every possible skill one can learn and all those memories compiled together came to an end as he finally stepped into the ruins of a temple, the same one I found myself moments ago.