No choice but to obey... it is a good one though!

The first thing I saw when I woke up was red feathers that were hugging me. Who would have thought that Hawks would hug me pretty tightly to a point, I wasn't able to breath that well anymore. Anyways I did appreciate it and these feathers despite looking soft were not a bit soft at all. 

Me: Hey....

Hawks: How are you feeling?

Me: ... 

Hawks: What?

He started freaking out the moment I didn't say anything and the only reason why I didn't say anything was because I was looking at the man as if something was off. Well it was since he was acting a bit off. 

Me: No no no, I am fine.

Hawks: *relieved sigh* I am glad to hear that.

I looked a bit around to find myself in my own room and there was no hint about anything being differently from the last time I got in here except for the fact that there were feathers all around the place now.

Me: What happened?

Hawks: You... do you not remember?

Me: I do.. I got kidnapped and dealt with it...

Hawks: Dealt with it?

Me: Killed them, send them six feet under, made Hades come and get their soul-

Hawks: I get it, no need to say more....

Me: Am I in trouble for that?

Hawks: You are for being Cinne but no.... I am glad you are alright.

Me: So you know now....

Hawks: I do and I am sorry.

Me: Huh?

Hawks: I never wanted to force you to be a hero but -

Me: I know. I am too dangerous to be a villain. I am not dumb Hawks but I am not a hero either.

Hawks: I know that...but I can't let you go on like that.

Me: then what now?

Hawks: ... I have a suggestion, are you fine listening to it?

Me: Shoot and let's see how insane it is.

Hawks: *pfff* Alright, since you are Cinne and you are a vigilante which is more on the gray zone... .how about being my sidekick offically.

Me: Officially?

Hawks: Yeah... this way you can get a hero license and you can continue being Cinne. I won't stop you after how terrible wrong that happened....

Me: Yeah... does that mean, I would still be a hero in the end?

Hawks: It just transforms your status from vigilante to hero yes but nothing will change for you besides that you would be safe from the police with it.

Me: .... huh....

Hawks: What do you say?

Me: Why are you suggesting this now only?

Hawks: To be honest, I don't want a sidekick but you can't be left like that. I... I care for you and I don't want you to get in trouble.

Me: Well I don't want that either but trouble always finds me anyways.... but that would be honestly amazing if I could just be me...

Hawks: Thought soo but promise me you are gonna report to me if things go wrong or anything is happening or if you are going behind someone big.

Me: Will do.... thanks.

For the first time in a while I smiled at him with a honest smile not knowing what this sudden change in attitude was or came from. Never mind. I was not gonna question it since it was ideal for me. I could finally just be me and not be forced to be a hero. In the end I still don't have a choice but at least I could be myself instead of pretending to be someone else I am not. I couldn't live like that, eventually forgetting who I am. No, that would be my true horror. This was quite the good solution and of course I accepted it immediately since I wanted to stay true to myself.

Hawks' s POV:

I had a lot of time thinking about this since the kid was in a short coma for 2 weeks. Up until now he did soo well but thinking over what I forced the kid to be made me think about myself. I was forced this path as well and I was more or less happy now but I didn't know if I would be the same if I would have chosen to be a hero and went another path.... my past made me who I was and who was I to change someone. It was obvious how much he didn't wanted that. He had a voice and I ignored it.... now that I could think it over and over, I could see that it was the wrong choice.

Maybe I was selfish but I wanted just the best for him.

Was I wrong?

Who knows but I can say that I was finally doing the right thing here.

I was keeping an eye on the kid making sure he wouldn't turn on us but at the same time I could be there for him and give him a hold in this life. He never had that and maybe that was what he needed more than someone showing him a way that he didn't wanted and wasn't ready to take yet.

Don't worry little one...

I will be there for you.

Never will I force you to do something ever again.

You shouldn't be forced... you shouldn't encounter anything like that at UA... maybe it was a coincident as Nezu said but maybe being there would get you more eyes on you and your quirk... that is too dangerous...

This way is better.

This way I can keep an eye on you and protect you myself...

Now I don't need to worry aobut you anymore.

I was happy to finally see him smile and this time we came to agree that what happened was a mistake and even if he tried it out, it was not him and it was not his way for sure. Everyone could see that plus why should I terrorise my own kid like that. I was a hero and I could teach him bit by bit in his own little way so he would not stray away.

Finally I had come to realize how wrong I was.

Finally I had the chance to turn it over and be someone the kid could rely on.... who would have thought that it would feel this amazing just thinking about it.... one day, I will be proud to be his guardian for sure.

~~END~~

A/N: Thanks for reading this and I hope you enjoyed this as well!