Unfortunate Events

Start from the beginning

When he came back he quietly walked to place a cup of water on his nightstand for when the Uchiha decided to wake up. Naruto decided to let him sleep, he figured the raven was tired from getting railed earlier today.

Bored, Naruto sat back on the chair and spun himself round and round. Each time he stole a glance at Sasuke.

He suddenly heard groans from the blond. He stopped spinning and put his full attention on the raven. He noticed how he was sweating, his eyeballs were moving side to side underneath his eyelids as a pained expression was visible on his face. He saw Sasuke gripping tightly on his bedsheet as his breaths became heavy.

He started to shift toward him by getting up
from his chair, placing the book on his table.
He started to grow worried when suddenly, he saw the raven inhaling sharply and sitting up on the bed in panic. His eyes were glossed with tears. He'd just had another nightmare where he tried so hard to wake up from and finally, he did. He looked around the room, left to right, and realized he wasn't in the house he recognized.

"Fuck." His voice sounding weak as he put his hands on his face.

"Hey, are you okay?" Sasuke heard Narutos voice beside him. It was a gentle tone, and it kinda sounded like he cared.

Sasuke shut his eyes tightly, "Yeah I'm fine." he lied. "God that one felt so real.." He whispered.

"Bad dream?"

Sasuke turned his head to the left and up to Naruto only to glare at him.

'Right, of course it was a nightmare.'

"Um, here have some water." He said unsure of what he should do.

"Thanks.." Sasuke looked at him weirdly, it felt strange that he was being nice to him.

"What was your dream about?" He blurted out. It was just a thought that had popped into his head. He didn't mean to say it, but it seemed his mouth had a mind of its own.

Naruto noticed his body stiffen a bit. He had definitely had crossed some sort of line.

"Thats none of your business." His tone harsh. Sasuke put the glass on the night stand and started to get off the bed.

Naruto just nodded, there was no use in forcing him to admit something he wasn't ready to admit.

"You finished the packet?" He asked walking over to the desk.

"Yeah." Naruto noticed Sasukes hand trembling as he picked the papers up and got curious about what had happened in that nightmare that had so much affect on him.

"I'll take this with me, I'm going home. I'll check it and give it back to you tomorrow." He said as he walked towards the door.

"Um yeah okay that-.." he saw Sasuke walk out with the slam of the door. "works."

'I wonder if he's gonna be okay.' He felt crazy just thinking that, but its not like it was wrong, it was normal for Naruto to care for someone even if he hated them.

______________________________

The school grounds started to fill up with students, and the more students the louder the noise became.

It always gave Sasuke a headache, sometimes he wondered why he even bothered going to school sometimes. Maybe it was because he loved all the attention people gave him but other times he wasn't in the mood for attention, he still gets those moods where he wanted to be alone.

Today was one of those days.

Sasuke now entered the school and stood in front of his locker. He started placing some things from his bookbag into his locker but when he pulled out the packet him and Naruto worked on the other day, he looked around in search of the blond. Seeing him enter the school grounds he threw his bookbag into his locker and walked over to him.

"Here." He slapped the paper against his chest, "You did pretty good for an idiot, come over to my place and we'll review the ones you got wrong."

"Fine by me." His voice sounding strained with frustration as he walked over to Shikamaru.

Shikamaru and Naruto had been friends their entire highschool years. He remembered how they met, it was because of a fight he had gotten into with Sasuke. The fight led to then being pulled apart by several teachers and students. Though the exact reason for the fight had escaped his memory, he remembered one kind hand lifting him up.

Naruto was guided to the boys' bathroom and had toilet paper stuffed up his bloodied nose by some stranger.

"You're an idiot, you know," he had muttered.

"You'll get expelled if you keep picking fights with that douchebag."

Naruto could faintly smell the cigarette that dangled from his lips through the wadded up tissue paper in his nose. "Says the one smoking in a school bathroom," The blond grumbled through his swollen lips.

"Fair point," he smirked, pressing the cigarette tight between his lips. "I'm Shikamaru, by the way."

"Naruto," He half-smiled.

Despite the big fight, Naruto was able to meet his best friend that day. His world became a little less lonely after that. Shikamaru had introduced him to his friend group, and it was able to distract him from Sasuke a lot, meaning they didnt fight as frequently. Though they still definitely had a rivalry, they could walk past each other without fists flying. It was progress.

"How'd tutoring go yesterday?"

"Mm, interesting." He handed the packet to him.

"Why's that?" He asked going through it and seeing scolding comments on the ones he got wrong, somehow he even got some on the ones Naruto got right.

"No reason." Naruto grinned causing Shikamaru to roll his eyes.

Naruto looked over to where the loud noise was coming from.

"How could you reject me over text!" A girl whined, but she wasn't just some girl she was one of the most attractive girls in school.

"Why would you confess to me over text?" Sasuke said with an eye roll.

"I thought you liked me!"

"Well maybe if you confessed to me in person I wouldve considered going out with you."

"You told me to only talk to you over text." She reasoned.

Sasuke smirked at her. "Whats wrong with texting, I even sent an emoji this time." There was nothing wrong with the girl, she seemed nice. Only problem was Sasuke is always in control when it comes to interactions with people. He chose that she wasn't the one to fit his needs.

Sasuke felt eyes on him which caused him to turn towards its direction. It led him to Naruto, he decided to ignore Naruto's disapproving glance and walk up the stairs to his class leaving the girl behind mid sentence.

Sasuke had played another person, he could've swore he saw him making out with her in the janitors closet a few days ago, but like another one of his toys, she was thrown to the side. She was now someone that didn't entertain him anymore and that's what angered him, it was how he played with peoples feelings.