Chapter 21: Moment

The story continues directly from where we last left off. It's Friday and it's a special day. A lot goes on in just a days time. Amidst all the fun, love and gratitude going around, Simone is left with the clearest mind. When it's time to make her last big decision, it all comes down to one moment.

——

FRIDAY

After the day that Simone had yesterday, she is sleeping like a log, dead into the morning. It's been a very long 7 weeks and since she's done with pledging, she's been doing her best to rest. Last night was no different. Now that she has accomplished all of the most time consuming things, she can now focus on finishing out the rest of the school year with a bang. After the last week, she feels very accomplished already. All she has to focus on now is final exams and figuring out her love life. Final exams are a little less than a month away, but she's not stressed about that. She's managed to keep her grades up and she knows that she will finish out the school year right. Everything has fallen into place just as it was supposed to, so she knows that the closing of the school year will too.

Nate is an early riser, so she's already woken up, gone out and come back to the room. She's not alone when she returns. Gabby and Keisha are with her. They creep in pretty quietly. Nate connects to her blue tooth speaker, turns the volume up and presses play on the song. Nate, Gabby, and Keisha then start shouting the words at the top of their lungs as the song plays.

*One time for the birthday bitch

Two times for the birthday bitch

Three times for the birthday bitch

Fuck it up if it's your birthday bitch

Fuck it up if it's your birthday bitch*

"Wake up bitch! Wake up bitch! It's ya birthday! It's ya birthday," Nate shouts as Gabby and Keisha jump on Simone's bed and shake her.

"Wake up girl! It's your birthday," Gabby says.

"And we got somewhere to be," Keisha says.

Simone rolls over and rubs her eyes awake. She takes a look at her friends and then she glances around the room. Her eyes immediately fill with glee. "Awwww y'all did all this for me?" There are balloons, a happy birthday banister and other decorations all spread around the room. "Wait, where we going?"

"That's for us to know and you to find out. All you need to do is get dressed. Thank goodness your hair is already done," Gabby says. "We don't have too much time to waste. Chop chop!"

"And don't worry about figuring out what you're gonna wear. Me and Keisha already got that covered."

Damon, Cam, JR, Amara, Tina and Robert are all at Sun in my Belly setting up decorations in the outside seating area that they reserved for birthday brunch. Lando, Thea, Jerricka, Melody, Janelle, Aqueelah, and a few of Simone's other PKZ sisters will be attending as well. They already have a table prepared specifically to hold gifts. Damon and Tina/Robert, have already placed their gifts on the table.

"It's nice of you boys to come early and help us out with all of this," Tina says.

"Showing up is kind of their thing, Tina," Amara says.

"Damon, can you come over here for a second," Robert says as he walks out of the restaurant.

"What can I do for you, sir?"