Chapter 15: It Gets Better With Time

The next week, on Thursday. Back to classes and baseball. OH! And it's week 1 of pledging. Let's see how Cam and Simone tough it out. There aren't any tennis matches this week, so Simone will be serving her 1-match suspension next week due to the thc scandal.

(Roughly follows the events of 2x09)

It's about 5:30 am and an extremely exhausted Cam is just getting back to his dorm room. He accidentally slams his door as he walks in waking Damon who's alarm doesn't go off for another hour and a half. The door slamming startles Damon to the point of him sitting up abruptly in the bed. "Damn nigga, where's the fire?!"

Cam's so tired that he hadn't realized how hard the door slammed. Still dragging to his bed. "Oh my bad."

Damon rubs his eyes and checks his phone for the time. "Wait? You just getting in? Where you coming from?"

Cam puts his bag down and takes his shoes off. "I'd lie and say that I would love to chat, but I would rather be sleeping right now."

"Yeah me too, so try not to slam the door next time."

"Yeah, whatever," Cam says as he hops in bed. Damon rolls over attempts to go back to sleep. After a few minutes, Cam is passed out snoring. Damon tries to block it out, but 30 minutes later, he's still not able to go back to sleep. He picks up his phone, checking the time and it's 6:07 am. He sighs deeply as he gets out of the bed looking over at Cam. Since he can't go back to sleep, he's going to make use of his time and go study. Midterms are in less that 2 weeks, and classes have been kicking his ass, so he wants to make sure that he is prepared. He grabs his laptop, a few books, notebook and calculator, placing them in his bookbag and heads out toward the common area.

He goes into the common area, sits on the couch, and sets his stuff up on the table in front of the tv. The common area is empty since it's so early. When he thinks about it it's actually kinda peaceful in here. That's what he needs right now since it's the calm before the storm. The baseball team has a three game series starting today and he knows that it's going to be a crazy few days. As he's powering up his laptop, he sees a blurred body running around the corner from the girls side. She zooms past him, not even noticing that he's sitting there. He feels the cool gust of wind her body brings with her along the way. The gust of wind brings the faint smell of her perfume along with it. He looks back as the girl stops at the elevator and stands when he realizes who it is. She's trying to catch her breath. "SIMONE?!"

Shocked, she turns around still trying to catch her breath. She was so focused on getting to the elevator that she didn't even realize there was anyone else in the common area. It's so early that this was the last thing she expected anyway. "Hey! My bad, I didn't see you."

Damon gives her a quick once over, noticing her attire. She has on a light blue long sleeve crop, with light gray (almost white) joggers, and forces to match. "Everything good?"

Simone's looks down at her watch checking the time to see if she can squeeze in a moment to talk. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just have some ummmm..... errands to run." (Errands are code for duties she has to fill for her big sisters). She goes to press the elevator down button. "I know it's been a few days since we last talked."

"Don't worry about all that. I know you're busy with those..." He playful scratches the back of his neck pretending to think. "....ummm errands."

The elevator dings signaling that the doors are about to open.

"Okay, I gotta go." She steps into the elevator and turns around pressing the button for the first floor. She looks back up at him. "Oh and good luck at your game later."

"Thanks! Don't run anyone over out there," Damon says in a teasing manner.

Simone rolls ever eyes playfully. "I'll try my best." The elevator doors close and Damon goes back to the couch to study.