Chapter 8

Katherine spent the day at the beach tanning and swimming. She was bored and her stomach was in knots. Katherine forced herself to kill time before it was nine. Once it was close to nine, Katherine went back to the hotel that Ethan and Katherine checked into, took a shower, got out, got dressed and headed back to the coffee shop where Maggie worked at.

Katherine knocked on the front door of the coffee shop and a few seconds later, Maggie appeared and ran towards the front door and unlocked it before she opened the door to let Katherine in.

"How was work?" Katherine asked as she walked into the coffee shop.

"Fine," Maggie chuckled as she watched Katherine sit down in an empty booth. "How's your dad?" Maggie asked and walked towards the booth.

"He passed away," Katherine answered as a lump formed in her throat. "He was killed, actually." Katherine swallowed.

"No," Maggie gasped as she sat across from Katherine. "I am so sorry for your loss,  both of my parents died in a car crash right before you were born."

"Where have you been all these years?" Katherine asked, changing the subject.

"I was trying to find myself," Maggie softly sighed. "Believe it or not, I wanted to be a famous actress," Maggie continued.  "Heck, I even moved to L.A. for awhile and I also wanted singer but sadly, it was never in the cards for me." Maggie chuckled. "But then I gave up, moved here and started my life here."

"But you still had me." Katherine responded.

"Katherine," Maggie huffed. "I was too young to have kids."

"Dad was too but he still took care of me." Katherine shot at her.

"You don't understand because you were smart enough to not have a baby before you were ready." Maggie chuckled and slowly nodded.

"Are you remarried?" Katherine asked.

"Yes, I did." Maggie answered and nodded. "Did your dad remarry?"

"No," Katherine murmured and shook her head. "Do you have kids besides me?"

"Yes, I do... actually." Maggie answered. "Twins, a boy named Ryan and his twin sister is Robin." Maggie explained. "They just turned ten years old." 

"Really?" Katherine asked as she beamed. "Can I meet them?"

"Katherine," Maggie sighed and frowned. "Ryan and Robin does not know about you, my husband doesn't know you exist."

"We can go together and tell them." Katherine responded as she lit up more and smiled.

"The truth is," Maggie responded. "I don't want them to meet you ever."

"Ever?" Katherine asked and her face fell.

"Don't take it personal, kid," Maggie replied with a lazy shrug. "I moved on, you should too."

"Did you even want me?" Katherine asked coldly.

"Katherine, don't."

"Answer me, Maggie!" Katherine shouted as she teared up and smacked the table, making Maggie jump.

"Do you want the truth?" Maggie asked.

"That is all I ask from you." Katherine softly cried and tears fell down her cheek.

"No," Maggie mumbled and looked down at the table. "I never wanted you," Maggue sighed. "As far as I was concerned, you were just a mistake who stood in my way."

"Stood in your way? Your way?" Katherine snorted.

"Don't take it personally."

"Dad, Ashley and Ethan were right about you." Katherine softly whispered.

"Who's Ashley and Ethan?" Maggie asked as her eyes widened.

"My friends." Katherine answered.

"I needed to focus on me."

"What about me, mom?" Katherine asked as tears continued to fall down her cheeks.

"You never needed me, I did you a favor because your dad loved and adored you, I knew he would take good care of you." Maggie responded.

"You are right," Katherine huffed. "I didn't need you and I still don't."

"I wanted to be famous."

"All my life, I defended you when I didn't even know you. I pictured this warm and kind woman who wondered about me but you made me look like a fool." Katherine sobbed and covered her face in her hands.

"I will not apologize for my life choices!" Maggie shouted. "Don't try to guilt me into feeling sorry for a daughter I never wanted." Maggie coldly said as she lowered her tone.

"You really did do me a favor." Katherine said and slowly looked back up at Maggie. "I never needed you, you're just a deadbeat mother after all."

"I did what was best for everyone."

"You did what was best for you, not me! You said it yourself," Katherine screamed. "You never wanted me!" Katherine screamed more and got up and stomped towards the front door.

"You don't know me!" Maggie screamed and followed after Katherine. "I am a good mother to my kids!"

Katherine paused and did not say a word as she slowly turned to look at Maggie and they stared at each other for a few moments and then Katherine slapped Maggie in the face hard, making Maggie scream in pain. "Like hell you are," Katherine shot at her and laughed as Maggie held on to her burning cheek. "All I see is a selfish coward who only looked out for herself and gave up when she didn't get what she wanted."

"I don't owe you a damn thing, you hear?" Maggie groaned as she looked up at Katherine.

"My dad before I went to prom and graduated, he was here for me until the day he died," Katherine murmured. "He would've killed to be there for me for those events, I can't say the same for you."

"I will not apologize to you." Maggie hissed.

"Unlike you, I will get everything I ever wanted and one day you'll crawl back to me and plead I let you back into my life because your husband and the twins will see you for who you truly are and I will slam the door in your face with no second thought because you are dead to me." Katherine responded with a small grin and opened the door and left without looking back and giving Maggie a chance to speak. 

Always & Forever 2: On The RoadOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara