As Long As It Takes - DaTzu🐷🦌

"Just wait for the timer to get to zero. how long do you have?"

"two years. you?"

"three seconds."

a world where you cant touch your soulmate with your bare hands till your timers done

***

In the cozy cocoon of Dahyun's room, their hearts danced to a melody only they could hear. The air was thick with a longing that seemed almost tangible. Dahyun's voice, like a velvet whisper, painted the silence, "I wish I could hug you right now, you look so cute."

Tzuyu's cheeks turned a delicate shade of pink as those words found their way to her ears. She shifted slightly, her eyes meeting Dahyun's, "I wish I could touch you too, Dahyun unnie." Her admission hung in the air, charged with unspoken desires.

Dahyun, taken over by the shared vulnerability, bit her lip gently, her fingers reaching out tentatively toward Tzuyu's face. But as the space between them narrowed, an electric shock of anticipation shot through her veins and hand, causing her to recoil and clutch her now throbbing hand. Tzuyu's gaze drifted downward, a mix of concern and disappointment clouding her eyes.

"Dahyun unnie... we never... told each other how long we have until we can touch each other..." Tzuyu's voice trembled, her words muffled as she buried her face in the pillow beside her.

Dahyun's lips curved into a reassuring smile, her eyes locking onto the countdown timer displayed on her wrist. She sighed softly, a tender warmth in her voice, "Well, TzuTzu, I believe the timer doesn't define us. Even though we can't physically touch, it won't diminish the love I have for you."

Tzuyu lifted her head, her eyes meeting Dahyun's once more. A softness settled over her, and she whispered, "We'll just wait for the timer to get to zero... how long do you have"

Dahyun's smile remained gentle, though a hint of sadness played at the edges of her expression. "Two years," she replied softly, her gaze never leaving Tzuyu's face. She, too, was curious about the time that separated them. "you?"

Tzuyu clung to Dahyun's pillow, her fingers tightening around the fabric as her gaze fell to the countdown on her wrist. Her voice was almost a murmur, "Three seconds."

Dahyun's sudden gasp pierced the air, her body sitting upright on the bed. Her shock was palpable, "Wait, what... That's so unfair! Why?" A mixture of disbelief and frustration colored her words, and Tzuyu's smile wavered, replaced by a somber expression.

Tzuyu's voice held a hint of resignation, "Well, when you were with Sana, you could touch her despite your countdown. It was the same for me with Momo. That's how we knew we were meant to be together, because every time we should have felt that connection, it was replaced by pain."

With a sigh, Tzuyu buried her face once again, seeking solace in the softness of Dahyun's pillow. Dahyun's heart ached for her, her hand instinctively moving to comfort Tzuyu, only to be thwarted by the invisible barrier that kept them apart. Swiftly, she reached for Tzuyu's favorite puppy plush and handed it to her, offering a tangible comfort in the midst of their intangible bond.

Tzuyu's eyes met Dahyun's, a mix of sadness and hope flickering within them. Dahyun's voice was determined, her words carrying a promise that seemed to echo through the room, "It doesn't matter. I'll wait for as long as it takes, Tzuyu. Because the day I can finally kiss you, it'll be worth every moment of this wait."

Tzuyu's gaze lifted from the pillow, her hand trembling as it moved toward Dahyun's face. It was a surreal moment, and Dahyun's heart skipped a beat as she watched, tears gathering in both their eyes. Though Dahyun couldn't feel the touch, the soft caress of Tzuyu's thumb against her cheek spoke volumes. Tzuyu's voice, barely above a whisper, held a mixture of wonder and tenderness, "You're so soft, Dahyun-ah..."