Only Love Can Hurt Like This - 2yeon [A]🐰🐶

"must have been a deadly kiss, only love can hurt like this"

- Oneshot prompt by Skeet_is_a_dilf

-------------------------------

Nayeon had never been one to jump to conclusions, but a nagging doubt had crept into her mind. Was Jeongyeon really working those extra hours she claimed? So, here she sat on the couch with Kooku nestled on her lap, absentmindedly stroking his fur. In her other hand, a glass of red wine remained, its contents dwindling as she took occasional sips. It was 2:30 am, and despite the looming responsibilities of her own job the next day, Nayeon knew she couldn't let this matter rest any longer.

At precisely 2:35 am, the front door eased open, and there stood her wife, Jeongyeon, who closed the door softly behind her. "Jeongyeon-si," Nayeon's voice resonated with a firmness that broke the silence, causing Jeongyeon to start and slowly pivot from the door to meet Nayeon's stern gaze.

"A-ah... Nayeonie, you're awake?" Jeongyeon's voice wavered as she stammered, caught off guard. She wiped her hand on her pants in an almost nervous gesture, prompting a slight roll of Nayeon's eyes.

"You've been arriving home late. I needed to talk," Nayeon declared, rising from her seat and approaching Jeongyeon, who remained rooted in place, her expression a mix of surprise and apprehension.

"Well, you see, hun, there's a lot of cleanup to do at the restaurant after closing. I've been helping Chaeyoung," Jeongyeon began, a hint of defensiveness in her tone.

"I thought you hired Chaeyoung specifically for the nightly cleanup," Nayeon cut in, her words slicing through Jeongyeon's attempted explanation. Jeongyeon's cheeks flushed crimson, and she started fidgeting on her feet, her façade of justification crumbling under Nayeon's scrutiny.

"I... I need to assist her sometimes. But come on, Nayeonie, let's just go to bed," Jeongyeon interjected, placing a swift kiss on Nayeon's cheek before making her way upstairs. The abruptness of her departure stifled further discussion, leaving Nayeon to exhale a heavy sigh.

Collapsing onto the floor, Nayeon buried her face in her knees. The truth was, she didn't want her suspicions to be validated, but the mounting evidence suggested otherwise. Amid her contemplation, she felt a wet sensation on her leg, and lifting her gaze, she saw Kooku tenderly licking her leg, evoking a chuckle from her.

"Thank you, Kooku. Let's go to bed," she murmured, rising to her feet and taking in her surroundings. Their home wasn't expansive, but it was cozy, a space filled with cherished memories. In one corner stood the living room adorned with photographs of their lives together—Nayeon, Jeongyeon, friends, Kooku, and their families. The other side accommodated a modest kitchen and dining area, while upstairs held a study and a spare bedroom in addition to their own. It might have been small, but it was a world they'd created together, where late-night movies cocooned them under a fuzzy blanket, prompting Nayeon's heart to flutter at the reminiscence.

Switching off the lights, Nayeon ascended the stairs, Kooku trailing close behind. Upon entering the bedroom, Kooku bounded ahead and nestled beside Jeongyeon, seeking warmth and comfort. Asleep already, Jeongyeon lay in peaceful repose. A soft smile graced Nayeon's lips as she changed into her pajamas and slipped into bed, curling up behind Jeongyeon in a gentle embrace.

As sleep drew near, a solitary tear slipped down Nayeon's cheek. She despised how intimately familiar she'd become with the fragrance adorning her wife, the very scent that now lingered on her pillow, whispering secrets she wished she didn't know.