Chapter 4: The Farewell

After the rest, Mirium and Arctus headed to the main island of the Siren territory,

when they reached there, they met with Chief Elara and recounted their battle to her. She informed all the other elders and tribesmen. They discussed for a long time and were so pleased at the ancient one's defeat.

With a smile hanging on her lips, She came to Arctus and Mirium, "Thank you my Lord Arctus and Lady Mirium, both of you have saved the Siren tribe. We are eternally grateful to you. Lord Arctus had already been given access to our island, when he took Mirium under his tutelage. We have nothing of equivalent value to give you for the service you have rendered to our tribe, but Lord Arctus, you would forever be a friend to our Siren tribe. Please accept this ancient relic, it's called the "eye of the sea", we only have two of them in our tribe. You can use this to command sea waves and non-sentient sea creatures. It also has the function of directly communicating with us. If you ever need any help we can provide, in the sea regions, please inform us, we would always be eager to help you in any way possible". Then, she handed the ancient relic to Arctus.

"And, Mirium, our tribes Elders have decided to bestow on you the title of "Guardian of the sea",

we hope you accept this and give us a way to show our gratitude, if you haven't stalled the beast and informed Arch-mage Arctus and help defeat the ancient one, many of us would be dead by now. It's a good thing that you were on a vacation in the siren territory. With this title, you can command any siren tribe members to help you in any cause, and your rank would be the same as an Elder of the Siren tribe."

Mirium smiled and nodded," I accept the title, Chief Elara. It's an honour to be of service to the Siren tribe. I grew up on this island and was an orphan, the Siren islands are like a home to me."

Chief Elara smiles," Lord Arctus and Lady Mirium, we have arranged a celebration and a large feast in both of your honour tonight, please accept our invitation. Your crew are also welcomed to join it". Arctus looked at Mirium, "we gladly accept your invitation." Mirium nodded.

That night, Captain Morgan and the crew also joined the feast. The celebration ended late at night. Then, Arctus had his, much-needed sleep.

The next day, Arctus and Mirium boarded the ship and set sail to return to the mage tower. Staying on the deck, seeing the misty Siren islands slowly fading out of the view,

Arctus recalls a particular memory, the memory was when he took in a little orphaned Siren girl under his tutelage, it's been 50 years since then. She has become one of the strongest master-mages in the world. The Siren tribe had no powerhouses then, now it's in good hands. He sighed and mumbled to himself," how fast time goes by and the world changes." Then, he returns to his cabin and shuts the door.

The End.