19. Vintage dress

Start from the beginning

The two started talking with Heeseung about his role in the band as keyboardist and the three of them started to freely talk about their experience and love for the instrument.

After many years of not playing, Doyun even thought of getting back to it once she'd be back home in Seoul.

Sunghoon joined the conversation, entertaining them with little anecdotes about getting to know Heeseung and the rest of the band.

Unfortunately, Doyun hadn't had much time to talk to Jake.

He had been busy most of the time with Jungwon, trying to beat him at throwing flat rocks in the sea. Doyun remembered looking at Minji's face when she noticed the silly game the two were playing with a raised eyebrow and her distinctive cat-eye sunglasses slightly lowered. "Boys." She mumbled under her breath.

As Doyun was getting back to playing beach tennis with Hanni, a sudden hand grabbed her wrist, dragging her a little far away from the crowd.

"Where are you taking me, Jake?" Doyun smiled, looking at the boy in front of her with an amused face.

"Need to ask you something," Jake replied, mirroring the same smile that was displayed on her face. He stopped once he arrived at the entrance of the hideout, "Do you feel like going to town this evening? We don't have much time for ourselves right now."

Doyun looked away, flustered by his sudden proposal. She fidgeted with the small necklace around her neck and the shell-shaped pendant, "Sure, I'd love to spend more time with you." She nodded, enthusiast of that idea.

"Jake, I'm really sorry." Hanni's impatient voice interrupted the two, popping out from behind Doyun, "I know you two are probably having a lovely conversation, but I will have to steal Doyun for you for at least the next twenty minutes. We have a serious match going on."

Hanni nudged the girl's shoulder slightly, looking at the two with a teasing smirk, "I'll take your lovebird back to you once I thrash her for the fifth time in a row."

And with that, Hanni dragged Doyun back to the shore, forcing her to play with her. As Hanni expected, Doyun lost once again against her.

The day slowly came to an end: the last thing they did together, in the late hours of the afternoon, was sitting all together on a few towels they had bought, listening to Jake playing guitar.

Doyun vividly remembered all the times she had heard Jake play in that small forgotten paradise on the beach, all the times his mellow notes had enveloped the atmosphere in the cave, the way they reverberated against the harsh and humid walls of the grotto, and every time felt just as magical as the first one.

Everyone admired his angelic figure play, too hooked in the moment to care about everything that was going on outside their little bubble.

They slowly left in small groups. Doyun left first along with Hanni and Minji. They were holding a bag each, reminiscing about every moment they spent together that day.

"I can't believe Jay lost that bad against us." Minji laughed, recalling the moment the poor boy had thrown the ball in the water splashing all of them because he had lost, "And I must say, Hanbin has gotten a lot better, last Summer he was trash at volleyball."

The other two laughed along with her as they slowly reached for the main beach, leaving shortly after, "So, what are your plans tonight?" The oldest asked.

"Oh, Doyun is seeing Jake." Hanni teased Doyun, remembering what she had overheard from their short conversation. Minji raised her eyebrows towards her friend, enjoying that moment, "Oh, I see..."