Silence.

Absolute dead silence.

A tumbleweed rolled through the now paused stadium.

"Anyways. Bakugou Katsuki made the first move, blitzing one of the peaks with his explosions. His talent at drawing out his quirk's potential is uncanny, and it showed in his clinical takeover of the first Mountain." Mr. 'Raser bulldozed on.

"Shouto Todoroki followed, using his advanced ice manipulation to build his way up whilst simultaneously blocking the lower levels from climbing higher, a smart move on his part. His flaw, however, was tunnel vision as he forgot his other opponents." The breakdown continued.

"Which was promptly exploited by Yaoyorozu Momo, Heiress to Yaoyorozu Industries. Using her quite frankly broken quirk, she overtook Todoroki's position and fortified it into... that." All eyes peered at the second pillar, seeing a bristling arsenal of weaponry and firepower that made the Americans watching cry tears of awe.

Tsuyu attacked next, using her springboards - ahem - people, to climb towards Kuroiro's pillar. Snapping like that of a cracking whip, Tsuyu's tongue lashed at the shadow boy, instantly making said boy yelp in pain as he was thrown away from the sheer power Tsuyu had put into her tongue. With no protector, Tsuyu leaped up, claiming her place on the hierarchy as she used her tongue to snap at any who tried to claim her territory; suddenly, her throat expanded as a pocket of acid rose within, her neck bulging out on either side, ready to fire at any threat that got too close for comfort.

"I'm still caught up on the fact that Mr. 'Raser himself said a joke! Or... Maybe you're an imposter!" A lazy grunt sounded.

"No." Mr. 'Raser shot down, before he continued, "Tsuyu used her quirk to a masterful degree, her use of all of its aspects easily allowing her to claim a top spot. Perhaps she'll be able to hold out." Present Mic coughed into his palm.

"Still think you're fake... Anyways! Before my totally real colleague cuts me off, I'm gonna remind y'all that only 16 of ya can make it through! The lowest scoring will be cut from the competition!"

At the very bottom, between all the pillars, no one took notice of the dozens of robots weaving between, their glowing crimson eyes glaring up as they calculated how to crush their assigned targets.

"Oh? What's this? Is this one of Nezu's schemes?" All eyes flitted down to the ground, the crowd dramatically gasping in surprise.

"Robot Hellscape! AHAHAHA!" Nezu's squeaky yet maniacal laugh sent shivers down all of the people's spines.

"As you can see, my little demons will slowly work down the pillars until only 16 remain! So be careful, a touch on the ground is instant disqualification now!" Suddenly, Nezu added on.

"And do not destroy the robots!" Stutteringly, Present Mic continued.