"Are we going back to the beginning? I don't have to hear from you about punishment when you have freed your maid devoid of punishment. And for heavens sake stop wearing the uniform. You are a princess, so behave like one."

We both stomped our feet at once on the floor and marched to the opposite sides unable to argue more and hurt each other. He shut the bedroom door and walked out of our room while I ran into the shower and shut the bathroom door.

I turned the shower and let the warm water fall on my warm body.

Stupid. Stupid. Manik is stupid. He should have been in my place and understand how it felt seeing that Bullock Cart roaming in this mansion.

I took the shower gel and lathered it on the loofah. On top of that, Niyonika is a walking cringe. She believes that Bullock Cart over Manik. The same Manik, who didn't shoot Harshad, who tried to kill him just because he respected his mother.

I stopped rubbing the loofah over my body in the middle as realisation struck me.

Ofcourse, Manik as a Boss doesn't do things without a thought and if he didn't shoot Harshad it's not because he had partiality towards his brother but he was weakened by his mother. Her helpless pleas as a mother must have stopped him.

I immediately turned the shower and let the water clean all the soap residue from my body. Manik was in a difficult situation and tried his best to bring justice as a Boss and a son. That's the reason he banished Harshad from his Empire, the second cruel punishment according to Malhotra Empire after killing.

Stupid. Stupid. It's me and not him. Why must I meddle into his business? Why can't I shut my mouth? I was never into artillery so it would be best if I stayed away from the Mafia world. But no, at the end I have to hurt Manik, like everyone.

What have I done?

I wore his robe and ran into the closet, trailed my fingers over his clothes and picked his black hoodie which slid on me with comfort. It reached below my knees which provides the much needed warmth.

I walked out as fast as I could to meet Manik. I have to tell him that I am sorry and understand his point of view. I was so stupid to accuse him instead of understanding his actions.

I turned the door knob and opened it. To my surprise the door was being opened on the other side with stronger pressure and I slipped. I was about to kiss the ground but a heavy pair of arms prevented it by holding my waist. I don't need to open my eyes to figure who it was as I was so used to his touch. But still I opened them to not miss the visual of his face looking down at me.

As I imagined he was already staring at me with so much concern in his expressive eyes. The wind was slightly blowing from the opened door making his hair move over his forehead covering the knife marks over his forehead. My eyes travelled down from his eyes to nose and stopped as I reached to his lips. Those lips.

Unknowingly I bit my lips remembering the kiss we shared on the New Year's Eve. The thought alone brought heat to my cheeks and I am sure they must be red by now.

I immediately came out of his hold and stood up trying to fix my hair behind my ears. What type of thoughts am I having these days? Argh!

Manik cleared his throat and I faced him.

"I have to say something to you." We both said at once.

"It's okay, you speak first." We said it at the same time once again and we shared a laugh.

That sound as he laughed became my favourite, I am not sure when, but it did and I do not regret it.

"I am sorry." He said bringing me out of my thoughts.

"What?"

"I should not have said all those words earlier to you. I should know that it wasn't easy to punish someone who you grew up with despite the amount of hurt they gave you. Especially, you, a kind hearted soul would not even harm your former assigned friend. I should have understood your perspective before passing those remarks." He had an apologetic face while uttering all these words.

These were the exact words I wanted to say to him. It is exactly how I felt as I regretted everything I spoke rashly at him. We both were thinking of the other person and regretted hurting each other.

He is a precious man!

Manik. My Manik. Now I dare to tell me otherwise.

I immediately hugged him taking him by surprise as he raised his hands but didn't wrap them around me. The next second he wrapped his arms and pulled me closer to his body.

"Thank you for changing, this suits you more." He said and lifted my chin with his fingers to face him. "My heart breaks many times seeing you in those uniforms. You must never get such situations in your life, you are a princess. I will make sure you stay as one till my last breath."

I didn't know if I must blush so bad with the intensity of his words or get emotional with his promise. He wants to protect my rank even in his last breath and those thoughts created a lump in my throat. My eyes misted and I buried my face into his chest.

He pulled me even more closer of it was possible and rubbed my back while cooing me.

Manik.

My heart chanted his name. I want to stay like this forever in his arms.

I lifted my head as I heard someone coughing outside of the room.

It was Cabir.

As soon as he got Manik's attention he spoke with no feeling. "You said you would blow Nandini's head if you find out she stole the map causing the mishap of our security. Prove it."

Well, looks like I have to search for  Castor Oil for Cabir.

...

How is the update?

What will Manik do now? Will he do his duty as a Boss?

What will happen next?

What are some tips while walking down the street with dogs and cows?