Yian Garuga

After putting the chest away, Enny proceeds with details of her Wyvern, the Yian Garuga.

"In case any of you forget, the Yian Garuga is also known as the Black Wolf Bird," Enny reminded as her Wyvern leans its head to her right to receive a few pats from her, "It is classified as a Bird Wyvern, but to your standards; you may as well classify this Wyvern as part of the Mystery Class,"

Hiccup and Fishleg wrote this down, then the latter proceeds with a question, "What's their average height? Their wing spans, and the type of fire they breathe out?"

"The Average Height of a Yian Garuga is about 45 feet, and Their Wing Span is much longer. As for their fire," Enny snaps her finger, and her Yian Garuga narrows its sights on an empty field, and breaths out a fireball that explodes upon contact, "They breathe fireballs,"

"Impressive," Fishleg said as he wrote this down,

"But that's just the tip of the iceberg. In this World,  The Yian Garuga is a highly aggressive monster, possesses keen night vision, and prefers to hunt at night since their shell makes this monster hard to spot," Enny added, "It kinda reminds you of a certain dragon here, doesn't it?"

Hiccup chuckled as he patted Toothless' head.

"But unlike the nature of a Night Fury, the Black Wolf Bird has a War-like Nature and is often avoided by most hunters. They're also solitary creatures and rarely seen in groups unless its mating season for them. And here comes the ugly part of its nature,"

"Which is?" Mala inquired,

"After mating, a Yian Garuga will often find a nest belonging to a Yian Kut Ku, A cousin of its species, destroys their eggs without hesitation, and lay their own for the oblivious mother to raise and care for," Enny bluntly reveals, "In other words, the Yian Garuga is a Brood Parasite for its cousin species. As for their reason, it's due to their poor parental behavior and general crazy demeanor"

Everyone seemed shocked knowing that the Wyvern that stood by her aside was so aggressive. They may as well say that the Black Wolf Bird matches the fury of Vikings, Dragons and more. It was something to admire, and fear at the same time.

"But beneath its personalities lies remarkable intelligence as it avoids certain traps that normal monsters fall into and they link their attacks against opponents. From their shovel-shaped beak to their poisonous tail,"

"Wait, Wait, Wait! Did you just say poisonous tail," Snotlout inquired,

"Indeed, but one that kills you," Enny said as she pulled out an empty cup, went to the tail of her Wyvern, and tapped onto it a few times to extract the poison before showing it to her audience, "Quite deadly, but curable with the herbs of this world,"

"Is there anything else about this Dragon," Hiccup inquired

"Well, they are considered the strongest and most feared member of the Bird Wyvern class. Even top predators would think twice in fighting a Yian Garuga head-on due to the combination of their nearly unparallel aggression and intelligence. They're also carnivorous to lesser predators of the food chain," Enny explained, "They'll even hunt a Yian Kut-Ku if they wanted to,"

"They eat their own kind," Fishleg asked while Meatlug worryingly grumbled,

"Just because their cousins doesn't mean they won't hurt each other. In fact, there is a saying in this world 'If a Yian Kut Ku lives here, a Yian Garuga can't be far,'" Enny cited,

"If spoken of this Yian Kut Ku lately, what does it look like?" Valka inquired,

"The Yian Kut Ku dons brighter colors than this Wyvern of mine. They also call it the Strange Bird, and its quite low on the food chain," Enny summarized,

Land of Monstersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें