⚘ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

Start from the beginning

"It's oka- Wait a minute. What's wrong, dad?" She quickly questioned when she noticed the tears in her father's eyes. His eyes widened, and he wiped his eyes with the sleeves of his jacket.

"Nothing, darling, it's nothing. He quietly mumbled as he looked at her, not wanting to say goodbye to his beautiful daughter, who reminded him so much of the love of his life.

"Dad, please tell me what's wrong. You know you can tell me anything. She placed his hand in hers and laid her other hand on his shoulder, comforting him. He wiped away a few tears that managed to escape.

"Did Jaha say something to you? Did he do something to you? Because I swear the next time I see him, I'll fucking kill him." She stood up, her anger rising. "Amara, no, you can't do that." He chuckled at the image of his daughter beating the crap out of Jaha.

"Why not? I'm already condemned to death. What will he do? Nothing, because he'll already be dead. And the worst they can do is kill-" Amara began to rant angrily but stopped instantly when she felt her dad glaring at her.

"What did I say about you talking about that?" He stared at her and moved his head a bit, motioning for her to sit back down. She sighed but sat down next to her dad. "To not talk about it. But, dad, I don't care about that right now. Please tell me what's wrong." She placed her hand on his shoulder. "Ok..ok." He nodded and sighed before telling her everything, not missing a single detail.

Her eyes went wide, and her lips parted, wanting to say something but not knowing what to even say. Amara couldn't believe what she heard; it was crazy. She was being sent down to Earth with 99 other criminals. All because the Ark is dying and she and the others were "expendable."

"When, dad? When are they doing this?" She whispered, making her father look at her. "The 13th. In four days." His voice trembled as he began to think about what would happen that day. Her glaze traveled from her father to the floor. It felt like her whole world just shifted when she heard those three words come out of her father's mouth.

In four days

In four days

In four days

"What about you? What will happen to you? Or everyone else on the Ark?" Her voice cracked as she raised her head back up to look at her father. "I don't know, love." Amara looked into his eyes, kind of hoping he would want to go with her.

"Yes, I've thought about it. But Jaha made it very clear that anyone who tried to do anything or sneak on the dropship would be executed immediately." He sighed, already knowing what his daughter was going to ask from the look on her face.

"Well shit." Amara mumbled as she threw herself back, laying down on her bed. She stared up at the bottom of the upper bed of her bunk bed, and her eyes started to water as she thought about how she was being sent down to die. She knew Earth hasn't and won't be survivable, but a small part of her hoped that it was. Amara began to imagine how her life could be if Earth were livable.

But she was soon snapped back to reality when she felt her dad move back and lean his back on the wall. "Wait, if Earth is survivable, how will you know? Will there be a radio on the dropship for us to communicate with the Ark?" Amara questioned as she sat back up next to her dad.

"I don't know, I wasn't told any more than what I told you. But I'm pretty sure there will be one." Lorenzo turned his head to look at Amara and wrapped his arm around her neck, making her lean her head on his shoulder. "If not, then they're dumb as hell." He chuckled, causing his daughter to laugh, which made his smile grow even brighter.

Every week, all Lorenzo looked forward to were these visits with Amara. However, now he wouldn't even be able to see his own daughter. He was furious not only because obviously Amara was being sent down to die but also for having his choice of going down with her.

"I have hope, and I believe that Earth may be survivable again, so Dave and I talked." He spoke softly before resting his chin on Amara's head. "We've packed some things for you and Nate. Jacopo is going to leave it in one of the panels, ok? Because if Earth is survivable, you're going to need it. " He sighed as he felt Amara's arm wrap around him, embracing him.

"Thank you, dad. I love you so much." She murmured against him as he hugged her back.

"I love you more, butterfly." He whispered back. They stayed cuddling each other for a while as the room fell into a comfortable silence. Who knows how long until they would get another moment like this? Who knows? They might not see each other again.

"I do need you to do something for me." He spoke gently before Amara let go of him and sat back up. She turned her head, facing her father.

"I just need you to be ready, ok? And find Nate, please? Get on the dropship together. I don't want either of you to be alone. He told her, making her nod her head.

"Thank you for everything, dad. Please know that, okay? I love you so much, dad. So much." She spoke softly before embracing him again. Lorenzo smiled and wrapped his arms around his daughter, not wanting this moment to ever end.

"You're my everything, and I love you more than you could ever imagine." His smile grew bigger, if it even could, before kissing her head.

"I love you, my little butterfly."

𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬..
𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐭 !!

𝐎𝐇, 𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐖𝐄 𝐆𝐎
𝐛𝐲 𝐤𝐢𝐦 ♡