⚘ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

Start from the beginning

Which it practically was because just two hours before, he had found out something that would soon change his whole world. He had found out that Jaha, the current Chancellor of the Ark, had decided to send 100 criminals, including his daughter, to the ground. The same ground that had been unsurvivable because of the nuclear bombs that destroyed Earth 97 years ago.

The Chancellor had also made the decision to say that those criminals, including his daughter, were expendable. To either die finding out that the Earth was still unlivable or, either way, give the others on the Ark more time to "fix" the oxygen problem. He was furious, just like every parent of those 100 kids would be if they had any idea of it.

On top of sending those kids to die, Jaha also made the choice not to even tell the parents. And to those he only told, which were either guards or members of the Council, he threatened to charge them with treason if they told anyone, especially their own kids.

A part of him had hope that maybe there was even the smallest chance that the Earth was liveable. That's why he decided to tell his daughter-to warn her, prepare her, or something. He didn't care if the council found out. He needed to say goodbye, even though he didn't want to.

"Um, dad? Your jacket is poking my eye." Her soft voice broke him out of his trance, and he quickly let his daughter go.

"Oh, shit. I'm sorry, Mar." She smiled when she heard the nickname that her mother had always called her. Her full name was Amara, but her parents, mostly her mom, would always call her "Mar."

"So, how's your week been, sweetheart?" He asked her as he jumped on her bed and got into a "comfy" position. Which was him lying down on his stomach with his legs leaning on the wall and his hands propped up, holding his chin up. Amara laughed when she saw how her dad was lying down.

"What? Why are you laughing at me, hm?" He smiled up at her and started kicking his feet like a teenage girl telling her best friends about her crush.

She giggled as she shook her head at her father's childish actions. "Nothing, nothing. Anyways, this week has been the same. But I did finally learn that knife trick you always do but never want to teach me." She rolled her eyes, remembering how she would beg him to teach her, but he always said no.

"You cheeky little bastard, that's my move!" He sat up and playfully glared at her. "Here, let me show you." She walked over to the side of her mattress, where she kept a small collection of weapons her father brings her every time he visits her. Being locked up really left her nothing to do, so Amara decided to continue learning self-defense and fighting like her parents had started a few years ago.

Before she could grab the knife, her father's hand stopped her. "No, I believe you. You don't have to show me." He gently grabbed her hand and brought her to sit next to him.

Amara frowned slightly. She felt a bit upset that he didn't want to see her; she had made a few mistakes that resulted in some blood. But the fact that he didn't even want to see made her worry because he always loved seeing her do new things.

"I'm sorry, love." He apologized when he saw her facial expression immediately change from excitement to somberness. Amara looked down at the floor with her hands on her lap, her fingers going over the small scars on her hands from accidentally cutting herself while learning new knife tricks. His eyes filled with tears as he thought about how his daughter was being sent to Earth to die in four days.