''I'm glad there is someone who is able to enjoy what she does.''

''You are absolutely right.''

They both smiled at each other. The wind lulled them.

''Did you like the chocolate?''

''It's just as good as last time.''

''Thank you.'' He said in a gentle tone.

He looked at her face. Her gaze was full of peace. Her soft smile reflected her joy.

''How about... sitting next to me?''

He stood up and like her sat down on the table. Between them was the box. They looked up at the sky. It was getting clearer and clearer. They could already see some stars.

''It's a nice night.''

''It is.''

A couple of rather loud explosions were heard.

''Whoever is there is having a great time.''

''Possibly..." She laughed nervously, "Sensei..." She could barely say, "W-what did you think of today...?'' She didn't look at him.

''I had a lot of fun. Although I'm surprised that it was pretty quiet.''

''I think adventure spices up life quite a bit, but... days like these... are also very filling.''

Sensei shook his head to make her see that he agreed with what she was saying.

''I wish... I wish I could spend every day with you... always eating with you...''

The silver-haired student's words took him out of place.

''I-I don't know what to say... I feel...''

''Do you remember the metaphor about sweetness?''

''It's kind of hard to forget...''

''I don't know how to put this into words...''

Haruna took the notebook that was on top of the box and opened the box between them. The box that was supposed to hold 10 pieces of white chocolate only revealed 9. There was an empty space. Both he and she were struck by the absence of one of them. A large explosion brought Haruna out of her distraction. She looked up. She looked him straight in the eye. She took his hands and, without letting go, passed him the bag of matcha chocolates.

''Thank you, Haruna. You are wonderful...'' Said Sensei looking her straight in the eyes.

He smiled at her. The atmosphere was incomparable. It was like a dream. She wanted that moment in time to freeze so they could spend it together forever. The cold night wind blew. Sensei let go of her hands. Watching his hands drift away hurt in her chest. Sensei put aside the bag of chocolates made by her and covered the box. She already guessed it would happen. She couldn't lie to herself. Still, she wanted to open her mouth to avoid hearing it. Her voice wouldn't let her do it.

''I'm glad you feel that way about me, but.... I can't reciprocate your feelings.'' The wind blew, remarking the silence. ''Because of legal issues, haha...'' He waited for her to let out, even a small laugh. She didn't. She looked at him waiting for him to finish. ''And... And why you are not that person... I'm sorry...''

Those words pierced her chest and hit her heart, the feeling went up to her eyes and, without noticing it, tears started to roll down her cheeks.''

''H-Haruna...'' Although he reached out his hand to her, he did not touch her.

Feeling cold on her face, Haruna touched her cheeks. She noticed the involuntary tears.

''A-ah?... W-what is this?... Excuse me... I-I... I don't know what's wrong with me... I already knew you would say that... Haha... B-but... But...''

She tried to hold a smile against the natural reaction of her feelings. She brought one of her hands to her mouth. Tears were overflowing. Sensei looked at her sadly.

''I-I'm sorry..." She turned her back to him. She was trying to control her voice. The tears were wiped away as fast as they came out. ''You must think I'm pathetic...''

''I would never think anything like that about you...''

The president of the Gourmet Research Society, even without giving her face, told him that there was someone else after all.''

''I suppose that person is the one for whom you wrote the White Day plans....''

''White Day? While you're at it, that notebook has been catching my eye for a while now. May I see it?''

Haruna, with her eyes on the ground, passed him the notebook without saying anything else. Sensei opened it and leafed through it. He smiled.

''How long has it been?...'' He whispered, ''You're right, I wrote this for someone else, but...'' He spoke as his eyes wandered over the pages of the notebook, ''You know... It's not that there's someone else exactly... For a long time now I haven't thought about it seriously.... All I've ever wanted is to be a good teacher to all of you... I know Kivotos is a troubled place, but the student period is one of the best you will experience and I want you to enjoy it and remember it fondly even with the good and bad times...''

Haruna looked up at him. He looked different. He seemed to glow.

''...What you read here was a plan I made to confess my feelings to someone I met during my high school years... I think it's too much to say that she rejected me.'' He closed the notebook giving a nostalgic laugh. ''I felt very bad, really sad for her rejection, but... I remember...'' 'Remember?', he asked himself, ''I remember... That... many times I helped her study and I had fun doing it.'' He smiled. ''Plans won't always go the way we want them to, but there's no reason to let one bad moment ruin the time and memories we make with the people we cherish.''

''Thank you, Sensei.'' They both looked into each other's eyes with a smile.

Sensei busied himself wiping away the remnants of her tears. Haruna took one of the matcha chocolates and ate it. The wind blew again. They rubbed their arms. They looked up at the moon and stars.

''Youknow...'' Sensei looked at her. ''Thank you for this day,'' She said as she leaned towardhim and kissed him.