37: Macaque?!

MK sits alone at the Shadow Play with a sad frown. Then suddenly the puppeteer walks over to him, "Ah, you again." MK jumps a bit and looks up at him. The puppeteer grins, "You must be my biggest fan. You are aware the play is over, right?"

MK sighs, "So, um, what happened to him? The warrior?" The Puppeteer laughs, "What would you like to hear? The Hero and Maiden suddenly remembered their beloved friend, the Warrior? That they lived happily ever after?" MK shook his head, "No! No, no, no, no, no." MK nervously says, "Well, yeah, maybe. Um. Okay. I don't know why I'm telling a complete stranger this, but I guess I kinda feel like the Warrior, in the story. A little. Is that dumb?"

The puppeteer chuckled, "I take that as a complement, young man. The tell-tale sign of a good story. That you resonate with it so personally. But I think maybe you missed the point-" "It's like I wanna be strong and I'm tryna be, but it's like Monkey King isn't giving me a chance!" MK sighs and looked down, "What if... What if he knows he made a mistake? Chose wrong. Chose the wrong successor."

"𝔸𝕟𝕕? 𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕚𝕗 𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕚𝕕?"

MK looks back at the puppeteer in confusion, only to see Sun Wukong in his place.

MK angrily huffs, "Ugh. This again?" He glared at Sun Wukong, "Look, I know you're not really here! I've been doing what you told me to do. Believing in myself, blah blah blah. But I'm not ready for this either is Y/n! We can't face the Lady Bone Demon alone. I just feel so..." However Sun Wukong laughs which annoyed MK, "Ergh! If you're not gonna help just leave me alone!"

MK moves to punch Sun Wukong, but his punch was caught by Sun Wukong's hand who grins, "Whoa, bud. Have you been working out? Well, I'm guessing that Y/n will pack a bigger punch then I remember." MK was surprised, but remembered when Wukong explained what happened back then, "Wait... It's you, Macaque!"

"Sun Wukong" laughs, then reveals himself to be Macaque who grins, "The one and only! So why so glum? I've noticed that lately you've been lookin' a little down!" MK panics, "What are you doing here?! Oh no! I just-" "Unloaded all your secret insecurities on me? I know. But hey, no shame in that, man."

Macaque chuckled, "Sometimes you just gotta talk it out, y'know? I don't really do it. Maybe I should. But we'd be here all day, so..." "Would you just get to the point?!" MK tries to punch Macaque with his free hand, but it is also caught. Macaque smirked, "Slow down, kiddo. This is the thanks I get for checking in on my favorite student's friend?"

MK glared at him, "She is not your student!" Macaque shrugs as he let's go of MK which made MK wobbles a bit. Macaque says, "Well, with ol' Monkey King not around, I thought someone should teach you a lesson. Ah, MK, you really are dense aren't you? You saw a story about a hero who got handed every thing, who didn't have to work anything and you thought you were the other guy? The second the Hero and Maiden got real powers, they couldn't care less about their friends. That's you and Y/n, bud."

MK got up, "Me? I-I'm not like that." Macaque crossed his arms and took out his Lantern, "Hmm, I beg to differ, kiddo."

MK turns shocked to see those three, "Guys!" Macaque tilts his head, xOh, did you just realize they were missing? Classic hero maneuver

MK turns shocked to see those three, "Guys!" Macaque tilts his head, xOh, did you just realize they were missing? Classic hero maneuver. Maybe it's just me, but these guys don't look too happy about being left in the shadow of the great Monkie Kid and Successor Kid."

Shadow Pigsy went to punch MK, but MK quickly blocks him. Then Shadow Tang showed up and kicked him, which MK slides backwards with a grunt.

Macaque chuckled as he stood on stage, "Also, side-note: How did you not know it was me? Shadows, kinda my gimmick isn't it? Hay, don't look at me! Focus! Ooh this bit might hurt!" Then MK suddenly got grabbed by behind from Shadow Mei then he got slammed down by Shadow Mei. Then the shadows pin him down as Macaque laughs.

Then a sudden crash from the ceiling caught their attention. Macaque looks up to see you, who's eyes glowed f/c as you glared at him. He then frowns when he remembers Earth Simian:

 He then frowns when he remembers Earth Simian:

You then summoned a weapon (scythe).

Reference;

You were about to attack, only for Macaque to summon Shadow Gyomei who starts to attack you

You were about to attack, only for Macaque to summon Shadow Gyomei who starts to attack you. You quickly dodged and grunted. The glow in your eyes disappear as you stared at Shadow Gyomei in shock, "Father?!"

Then MK felt enraged, "Enough!" You turned surprised to see MK break free from the shadows. You grunted and blocked Shadow Gyomei's attack.

Macaque sighs, "You're right

Macaque sighs, "You're right. That is enough. You know, you two are that bit too much like them. But it's good to see there is some potential."

"