For the first time in forever

(Carmen's pyjamas)

(Carmen's pyjamas)

Carmen's POV

I was lying in my bed, sleeping soundly.

Then a fucking Bugle woke me up.

"Rise and shine newbies! You're on shallow lake time now! Whoo!" Maddox's voice yelled.

I groaned, before jumping out of my bed, landing quietly.

"The ballerina is strong in this one." I whispered to myself, before grabbing some clothes from my suitcase. The rest of the girls started getting ready.

"I can't believe we're actually gonna be in this documentary. And to be directed by Mr. Chad Danforth himself. Okay, one could say the stakes for auditions have never been higher. And one will. I will. The stakes have never been higher." Ash said from her bunk.

"I think I'm having withdrawals. I mean, this is the first day I haven't had a headache in my entire life." Kourtney said in a panic.

"Isn't that a good thing?" Gina questioned.

"NO! I DON'T KNOW WHO I AM WITHOUT SCREENS!" Kourtney exclaimed in terror.

I sat beside her and hugged her side.

"We'll be fine honey." I reassured.

"I'm just gonna let it be known that I'm going for gold at auditions today. I'm finally ready to play the lead. No apologies, no prisoners." Gina told us.

"Sounds like you brought Gina One Point Oh to camp." Ash smirked.

"No. Look, okay, I loved auditioning with you guys last year, and we're still a tercet, but I just feel like I need to stand on my own this summer, you know? Especially with the whole documentary thing. Like, that could literally be our future." Gina said.

"Ok. One Point Oh." I smirked.

A pillow was then yeeted at my head.

Then Gina sorta just stood there with her eyes closed, humming for about two minutes and twenty eight seconds.

Strange.

We had breakfast, before going to the barn for auditions.

"OK, I will say, for a barn, wow." Kourtney noted.

"Everyone should start warming up!" Maddox called.

Ricky bounded up to EJ and aggressively grabbed his shoulders.

"Man, am I psyched for auditions! Maybe we'll get to play the male leads together again, huh? Those guys. There's two of them. They're friends? Enemies? Lovers?" Ricky said.

Oh yes, I believe I forgot to mention, but Ricky ditched *Airhorn* and came to Shallow lake! So yeah. there's that.

"There she is." EJ said, changing the subject and walking over to a blonde girl who just entered.