Chapter Twelve - Neon Eyes

Megan's POV
After Morgan ran into a little problem with his vocals at the end May and the majority of June, we were back at it again, our first concert in months being in Chicago.

Morgan's good friend Lil Durk joined us in Chicago and the two of them sang Lil Durk's newest collab with Morgan called Stand By Me.

It's a great song and it's already very popular after it's release at the end of May during Morgan's vocal rest period.

When I'm not doing shows with Morgan, I'm opening for Tyler Hubbard who used to be good friends with Morgan until Florida Georgia Line broke up a year ago.

At the beginning of August, Morgan and the guys had to headline at a few country music festivals. Morgan, Ernest, Bailey, and I all had to go to We Fest and Big Valley Jamboree while Hardy had to go to the Boots and Hearts fest in Toronto, Canada.

It wasn't until August 12th that we got back into the tour and our next stop on the tour was Columbus, Ohio.

Morgan's POV
"I'm done with the mullet. It's too dang hot for it. I think I'm gonna shave it off," I say, grabbing the razor and turning it on. Ernest shrugs.

"M'kay. You think Megan's gonna like it?"

"No, but I'm tired of the hair so she's just gonna have to deal." I say as I run the razor over my hair. Ernest picks up a clump of my hair with a smirk on his face. I frown. "What?"

"We should bag this up and sell it online. Fangirls would go nuts over it," Ernest says. I roll my eyes.

"No way. I ain't doin' that. That's stupid,"

"Whatever. I'll throw it out," Ernest mutters, tossing my hair into the trash can.

I leave my tour bus and walk over to Megan's. She's sitting in front of her vanity touching up her makeup when I walk in.

I put my arms around Megan and kiss her on the cheek. She smiles and places her hand on top of mine.

"Hello beautiful," I say with a smile. Megan giggles.

"Hi handsome," she says.

But then, suddenly, her smile fades into a look of horror. She spins her chair around to face me. I frown and look into Megan's eyes.

"What? What's wrong?"

"Morgan Cole Wallen, what happened to your hair?! It's all gone!" Megan says, caressing my clean shaven cheek in her hand. My cheeks flush.

"I was gettin' tired of the mullet, so I shaved it off." I say with a shrug. Megan frowns.

"Morgan, I thought you said about cutting it short, not shaving it off. Now you have no hair,"

Megan starts to burst into tears and I look at her with concern.

"Why are you cryin'? It's just hair. It'll grow back,"

"Well, here's the thing. It's my time of the month and my emotions are kinda all over the place," Megan mutters, wiping her eyes.

"Oh. I didn't know that. Sorry baby," I say.

Megan suddenly punches me in the chest, having a sudden burst of anger through her sadness.