Chapter Ten - Ain't That Some

Morgan's POV
The next morning, I wake up to the sun shining down on my face and my arms wrapped around the most beautiful girl I ever laid eyes on.

I hear the door being pushed open and my parents' German Shepard, Samson, comes trotting in. He leaps up onto the bed and licks my face before proceeding to do the same thing to Megan.

"Ah! Dog drool. Samson, get off of me." Megan says, pushing the dog's snout away from her face.

"Come on, Sammy. Get off the bed," I say, lightly shoving the dog away.

Samson whines, sad that we're not giving him attention. He hops off the bed and saunters down the hall to Lacey's room.

Megan pushes the door shut and looks over at me. I kiss her on the lips and wrap my arms around her waist.

"How'd you sleep?" I ask. Megan shrugs.

"Pretty good. How 'bout you?"

"I slept great since I was with you," I reply with a smirk. Megan laughs.

"Of course. We should probably get up so your momma doesn't yell at us or somethin'." She says. I nod.

"Yeah. I guess so. I'm gonna go take a shower and then I'll come down for breakfast, okay?"

"Okay. Don't take too long," Megan says as she gets out of bed.

I go back to my bedroom and grab some clothes for church. I toss my clothes down on the floor in the bathroom and grab a towel out of the bathroom closet. I close the bathroom door behind me and change out of my clothes before starting up the shower and hopping in, letting the hot water run down my face.

While I shower, I sing one of my songs that's been in my head the last couple days.

"Spin you around and 'round this dance floor
Get you drunk on a love like mine
Might wind up and steal a couple kisses
Get your digits if I can find the right line
But if you don't do feelings, then baby, if you willing
I'ma do my best to change your mind
'Cause the way you stole my heart without a sound
Girl, it oughta be a crime"

"Got a pretty good feeling I'm taking you home
Gonna love you with all I got
But before we slip out into the night
I just want one more shot
To take your hand and..."

"Spin you around and 'round this dance floor
Get you drunk on a love like mine
Might wind up and steal a couple kisses
Get your digits if I can find the right line
But if you don't do feelings, then baby, if you willing
I'ma do my best to change your mind
'Cause the way you stole my heart without a sound
Girl, it oughta be a crime"

"That's beautiful, Morgan. Isn't that one of your older songs?" My momma suddenly says. I jump, not knowing that she had even come into the bathroom.

"Momma, what're you doing in here? I'm showerin',"

"Oh relax sweetie. It ain't like I haven't done this when you and your sisters were younger. Plus, I just need to grab my brush and then I'll be out of here." Momma says as she rummages through the drawers under the sink.

"So what do y'all think of Megan so far?" I ask.

"She's so sweet and very pretty. I heard you and Lacey are having a sibling day and Megan's gonna hang out with me and your daddy," Momma explains. I nod.

"Yeah. That's the plan. You don't mind doin' that, do you?"

"Of course not. I'd love to spend time with Megan. We'll have a girls day together," Momma says.