Chapter Seven - Georgia Girl

Megan's POV
When we get to the game, Morgan pulls a few strings so we can get up to the VIP section without anyone seeing us.

I'm not extremely popular in the music industry yet, obviously, but Morgan is extremely popular, especially at a Tennessee Vols game.

"Thanks for this, man. I appreciate it," Morgan says to the guards who are bringing us upstairs. One of the guards nods.

"Of course. Anything to help out Morgan Wallen when he's here to watch a Vols game," he says. Morgan chuckles.

"Okay. Thanks,"

Morgan and I sit down in our seats and a woman wearing a wide brimmed hat, bell bottom jeans, and a Louisiana State University shirt sits next to me. Morgan smiles and waves at her.

"Hey Lainey. I didn't know you were comin' to the game too," he says.

At Morgan's words, I smile, realizing that I'm sitting next to Lainey Wilson.

"Yeah, well, Louisiana's playin' today so I gotta cheer on my team." Lainey replies with a shrug. Lainey then notices me and looks over at Morgan again. "Who's this with ya, Morgan?"

"This is Megan Moroney. She just started in the music industry a little while ago and I invited her to come with me to the game," Morgan explains. Lainey snaps her fingers and nods.

"Yes. Megan Moroney. I remember Hardy tellin' me about you the other day. He thinks you've got a lot of potential for just startin' in the music industry," she says. I smile.

"Awww. That's real sweet of him to say. I'll be sure to tell him thank you next time I see him,"

"As you should. Hardy knows talent when he sees it, especially with songwritin'. He's probably the best songwriter that Big Loud's got. Him and I have actually been working on a song for a while now and I think it's gonna be a hit. In fact, I'm sure of it. But, enough about that. We're here to watch a game," Lainey explains, turning her attention to the football game.

*

During halftime, Morgan gets up to go get us some drinks and I decide to make conversation with Lainey.

"To tell you the truth, Lainey, I'm not really a Vols fan." I say. Lainey looks at me and her eyes grow wide.

"Really? What team do you like?"

"The Bulldogs. I graduated from the University of Georgia," I admit. Lainey laughs.

"So why are you at this game then?"

"Well, Morgan invited me so I figured I'd go." I say with a shrug.

"Oh. Is this because you like Morgan? 'Cause Hardy told me that you two like each other," Lainey whispers with a smirk. My cheeks flush.

"I mean, I like Morgan, but I ain't plannin' on datin' him anytime soon."

"That's okay. No one was ever judged for takin' it slow," Lainey says. I smile.

"Yeah. Thanks Lainey,"

"Of course. Oh, Morgan's back with the drinks for y'all." Lainey adds, nodding towards Morgan.

Morgan hands me a beer and I take a sip of it.

"Thanks Morgan," I say with a smile. Morgan nods.

"Of course princess. Anything for you," he says. My cheeks start to burn and Lainey smirks at me before looking back down at her phone.

Morgan's POV
"Come on Vols! Beat them Tigers!" Megan shouts, standing up from her seat. Lainey jumps up next to her to defend her team.

"Come on Tigers! Destroy those dang Vols!" She shouts. I laugh, having fun watching the two girls battle it out to see which team is better.