Chapter Five - Lucky

Megan's POV
After church, I drive over to Morgan's house. We were only supposed to come over at noon, but I came an hour early to talk to him alone.

When Morgan answers, he looks surprised to see me. I had forgotten to tell him that I would be a little early.

"Hey Megan. What're you doin' here so early?"

"I... wanted to talk to you about somethin' and I figured it'd be better if I came over early so no one else is here," I reply. Morgan nods.

"Okay. Come on in then, I guess."

I follow Morgan into the kitchen and sit down at one of the bar stools behind the counter.

Morgan's making homemade burgers for the grill using a burger press. I notice the packaging is a vacuum sealed bag labeled deer burger and I smile, remembering when my dad used to make burgers out of his latest kill too.

"So what do you wanna talk to me about?" Morgan asks. I snap out of my trip down memory lane and look up at Morgan.

"It's about last night. I know you were tryin' to kiss me and I just want you to know that I wanna take it slow, okay? I'm still kinda hesitant about datin' since my last relationship," I explain. Morgan nods.

"Okay. I get it. And I'm really sorry for tryin' to kiss ya. It wasn't right and I realized it was a little too rushed after I did it. Forgive me?"

"Of course. I forgive you, Morgan." I say. Morgan smiles.

"Thanks Megan,"

"You're welcome. Can I help you get the food ready?"

"Sure. I still have some chicken that needs seasoned if you wanna do that," Morgan suggests.

"Okay. I can do that,"

Morgan's POV
I start grilling the food a couple minutes before everyone arrives. Hardy and Caleigh come first and Hardy walks up to me, sticking his head near the grill to see what's cooking.

"Are those deer burgers, Morgan?" He asks with a smile. I nod.

"Yep. Killed it myself last huntin' season," I say proudly.

"Well it smells amazin'. Are they almost done?" Hardy asks.

"Soon. Be patience, man." I reply. Hardy laughs.

"I know. I'm just hungry," he says as he grabs a piece of watermelon out of the bowl that him and Caleigh brought.

"I figured I'd bring some watermelon if that's alright," Caleigh says. I shrug.

"That's fine. We can use more food than just burgers and chicken anyways,"

Caleigh then walks over to me and sits down in the lawn chair next to me.

"So? Did you talk to Morgan about everything?" She asks. I nod.

"Yeah. He was pretty understanding about it and he told me that he realized it was too fast after he tried to kiss me. He said he's really sorry about it too," I explain. Caleigh smiles.

"That's good. I wish this wasn't a meet up for you and the guys to write music because then you could hang out with me and Delaney,"

"Well, I don't have to write with the guys all day. I can hang with you and Delaney at some point too," I suggest.

"I'd love that. I haven't seen Delaney in a bit and I really wanna talk with her. You know, I'm kinda excited to see Ryman too. He's such a cutie," Caleigh says. I smile.

"Is that Ernest and Delaney's little boy?"

"Yep. He's so adorable. I don't know how many times I've told Michael I want kids since I met him. Michael isn't interested in having kids till he's married though," Caleigh explains, rolling her eyes. I laugh.