Chapter Three - Sleep On My Side

Megan's POV
I pull up to Aldean's and park next to Hardy. Hardy and I go inside together and get a table for the two of us.

Jason Aldean's bar on Broadway is both a bar and a restaurant so that's why Hardy picked it.

"So why do you go out to lunch with all your new coworkers?" I ask. Hardy shrugs.

"Well, since I'm a songwriter, I like to get a read on all my new coworkers so I know what kind of music they would sing. Oh, and get to know them, so tell me about yourself, Megan Moroney." He says, folding his hands and staring intently at me. I laugh.

"Okay. I'm from Savanah, Georgia and I graduated college from the University of Georgia so I'm a big Bulldogs fan."

"Hold on. I'm gonna stop you right there. You're a Georgia Bulldog?" Hardy says, interrupting me. I nod.

"Yep. Why?"

"I'm a Mississippi State guy so I'm a Bulldog too, but for a different school." Hardy explains.

"Right. I forgot that Mississippi State's mascot is a bulldog too. What team does Morgan route for? The Tennessee Vols?" I ask. Hardy laughs.

"Yeah actually. He's a big Vols fan,"

"Of course he is," I say, rolling my eyes.

"Look. I know you don't like Morgan, but I think you should at least give him a chance. He's a good guy, but he can never find the right girl. Normally, the girls cheat on him or just break up with him for some stupid reason, so he's not some heartbreaker." Hardy explains. I sigh.

"Yeah and I'm the same way, but I'm not interested in datin' anyone right now."

"I can understand that. Anyways, back to our original topic. Tell me about yourself, Megan." Hardy says, changing the subject. I laugh.

"Well, I have been surrounded by music my whole life so becoming a country singer was a lifelong dream of mine. Um... I was an opener for a lot of big names before I even got my record deal which was amazing."

"I'm sure," Hardy says with a smile. "Got anything else?"

"I like listening to Taylor Swift," I reply with a shrug. Hardy wrinkles his nose.

"No offense, but I ain't a big fan of her music. Let's just say that I'm not much of a pop music fan," he says. I laugh.

"I would never have guessed that from looking at you," I add teasingly. Hardy smiles.

"Yep. Guess not,"

Morgan's POV
When Megan and Hardy get back from lunch, I go to Megan's studio to talk to her despite Hardy telling me not to.

I knock on the door and Megan calls for me to come in.

When I walk in, Megan's sitting on a stool with her guitar sitting in her lap. She's strumming some chords and typing some ideas for songs in.

She looks so beautiful today with her wavy blonde hair pulled up into a ponytail and her hazel eyes. She's wearing a oversized t-shirt and a pair of ripped jean shorts along with a pair of black, pointed toe cowgirl boots.

Megan looks up when she sees me and her smile fades.

"What're you doin' here, Morgan?" She spits out, her arms crossed over her chest.

"I just thought I'd stop by. I see you got my flowers," I say, nodding to the vase of roses I bought this morning. Megan nods.

"Yeah. I did. Now can you leave please? I'm tryin' to work on my album,"