Yoo Joonghyuk x Companion male reader, part 1

Start from the beginning

"You feeling all right? Legs okay? She broke it right before you died." Joognhyuk said out loud, not caring if anyone hears, this entire city would forget about it anyway as monsters would take their place soon.

"It's been better, obviously..." (Y/n) said as he sat on a bench after getting into the train station to rest for a little while waiting for the train. Joonghyuk looks around at the people taking photos of them. (Y/n) pulled out the masks he bought and handed Joonghyuk one.

"It's worth a try," he said as Joonghyuk automatically knew what he was talking about. The poison gas would be overlaid into the city. It was quite disgusting. Rather than breathing that fume in, better than nothing even if it barely works.

"You know (Y/n)," Joonghyuk smiles at (Y/n) gently, it's been a while since (Y/n) has seen Joonghyuk smile, "Even after so long, I don't seem to get tired of you."

"You better not, at least, not before getting rid of this curse," (Y/n) looks at Joonghyuk ruffling his head, "Each time we come back I always miss this feeling. You know, before this entire thing happened, I was speaking to my friends about hanging out at a nearby hotpot shop. I haven't seen them in so long..." (Y/n) mumbled, as he looks at the exit sign. He pulls out his phone and he looks at the old photos of him and his friends.

"You brought it with you this time?" Joonghyuk asked as (Y/n) also pulled out a power bank.

"Yeah, the small flashlight would be good to navigate those dark spaces. Honestly, I forgot this existed."

The train arrived as (Y/n) looks at Joonghyuk both of them nodding their head at one another. It's time.

Familiar things happening, family people. (Y/n) just waited as the Dokkeabi appeared and just tuned out everything.

Within seconds he destroyed the entire train and took (Y/n) with him. The other was still feeling the pain from being split in half was coming back as the painkiller was wearing off. He thought they were expired, it would work for that long anyway.

His mind knows that he should be dead but his heart is still beating strong. He seemed confused as he finally got to think for himself and could barely walk properly due to his minding thinking that he has no legs at the moment as the adrenaline finally wore off from the bike ride. Joonghyuk carried him off of the train track and onto the familiar road.

"When will this pain go away?" (Y/n) mumbled, having woken up. "No matter how many times it still hurts... almost as much as it is psychologically." (Y/n)'s legs wobbled as he completely fell to the ground, laying on the flat ground. Joonghyuk eventually went ahead to clear up the bridge that had been broken.

In the faraway mist, (Y/n) noticed how the zombies had noticed him and started to run at him. Though painful, he got up onto his legs, still feeling as if they weren't there, he started to run. He was strong himself, but with every regression, he was vulnerable for at least a few days since he usually dies as a sacrifice to Joonghyuk. (Y/n) spotted the man at the edge of the bridge. The creatures seem too scared to approach him...or them?

"Who is that?" (Y/n) asked as he almost fell over the edge if not for his friend to grab his clothes from behind, "Thanks bud." Yoo Joonghyuk looks at the man he was holding over the edge. He seems to be gawking at (Y/n) as well, not just him, blinking his eyes over and over again as he looks at the two protagonists in front of him.

In TWSA, the two regressors were best of companions. But one of them was always doomed to die at the end over and over again.

The author often said (Y/n) (L/n) had to endure tremendous pain after each regression due to his death in the previous one. Whichever part of his body was broken before his official death, that part was unusable until a week or so has passed due to the psychological effects. Seeing how he almost fell over the ledge just now it seems like one or both of his legs were injured before his official death.