Chapter 20

I woke up and walked towards the window.

After what happened last night, I ran up to my room and took a shower while crying. Then, I quickly fell asleep.

I finally realized that I actually liked Grayson. I liked him more than as a friend. I felt frustrated at myself for not realizing it sooner. Of course, I liked him! That was why I have been acting the way I have been whenever he was around.

We were leaving today so I moved away from the huge window and I started packing my bag.

As I got ready, I thought about why Grayson looked frustrated at himself.
I sighed because I didn't understand at all. Why is he always so secluded?

Someone knocked on my door and I shouted, "Come in!"

Grace walked in and smiled at me. She asked, "Are you ready to leave? We already packed all the luggage into the cars."

I nodded and followed her holding my luggage. When I went down the stairs, I saw Grayson and Vincent.

Grayson looked up and our eyes met. His whole face was void of any emotions. He looked like his old, cold self. When he saw me, he looked away without any feeling.

It hurt. I thought he would open up at least a little bit, but the kiss just made things worse.

I walked down the rest of the way and headed out the front door. Mrs. King was by the cars and she was ignoring me. She said bye to everyone except me. Gosh, she's so childish.

I was about to put my luggage into Grayson's car when Grayson said, "You will be riding Vincent's car."

I glared at him while everyone looked questioningly at us.

I took my luggage and moved it into Vincent's car. Grace took hers out of Vincent's car and put it into Grayson's car. She looked at me with a confused face, but I shook my head telling her that I didn't want to talk about it. She sighed and got into Grayson's car.

I went right into Vincent's car and for the whole ride, he tried to cheer me up. The sad thing was all the things he did only made me feel like he pitied me.

Soon, we arrived to our school and I went straight into my dormroom without getting caught. People still weren't back from the Thanksgiving break.

I quickly logged onto my computer because I haven't had time to check my emails during the break.

My mom and I decided it was smarter to talk through email because my dad almost caught us last time. We were talking about the boys school and my dad overheard us so he was getting suspicous.

I opened up my email and saw an email from my mom.

I opened it and I was shocked. I stared at the screen and started crying. I was happy. So happy. Happy tears were flowing right out of my eyes.

I started jumping up and down while screaming.

I looked at the email again and I immediately went to call my mom.

After four rings, my mom picked up. She said, "Madison! Did you check your email? You haven't replied back in weeks!"

I said, "Sorry, I was at a friend's house and I forgot to check my email. I just checked the email! Is it true?"

My mom screamed, "YES! MARCO IS FINALLY AWAKE! He woke up about a week ago and he's been wanting to speak with you for a long time. He has started trying to move his body and the results are already showing!"

I started doing my little happy dance and said, "That's great! Can I talk to him?"

My mom passed the phone to Marco. Marco said, "Whatever you planned was stupid, sis."

Aww that's my brother! First thing he tells me when he wakes up is saying that I'm stupid. I have such a nice brother. Note the sarcasm.

I ignored what he said and started bombarding him with bunch of questions.

Suddenly, Marco said, "Madison, don't ignore me. Mom told me that you are in Montarlo's Boy High School. Are you really stupid?"

I sighed and said, "I had to! It was my fault that you got into a coma. I had to do something for you. You got into your dream school and you couldn't even go. I wanted to do it and I'm doing perfectly fine here."

Marco's soft voice turned serious and he said, "It's not your fault for me getting into a coma. Never blame yourself. I was stupid to ride over the speed limit and I didn't even see the truck coming towards me."

Afterwards, he started lecturing me but I didn't care at all because Marco was back. Right now, I wanted to go back to the hospital and give him a big hug.

Suddenly, Marco said, "You know we need to switch places soon. I need to go to the school and you can go back to your old life. You can stop faking."

My happiness of Marco waking up covered all of my thoughts on how I needed to go back to my old lifestyle.

I didn't want that.

I was at a loss of words while Marco explained to me on how and when we could switch back.

I whispered, "Can you give me at least a week before you come back?"

Marco said, "Sure, just be ready to come back! I'm sure it sucked being stuck in an all boys school." Oh he has no idea how much fun it was being stuck in an all boys school.

Soon, we ended the phone call and I had more things to think about.

The thinking pile just got bigger and bigger.

I had to do something. Time was going by and I had things that I needed to do.