Chapter 18

Thanksgiving day is coming up and everyone in the house is busy setting up for the party.

Grace was helping the house servants set up decorations while Mrs. King just ordered people around. She was nice to Vincent and I because we fit into her rich society.

I hate people who judge others by their money.

Also, it wasn't even our money! It was our parents money and our rich parents never acted this way.

I understood 100% why Grayson hated his mother.

While we were all helping prepare for the party, Grayson didn't come out of his room and stayed there.

Sometimes I would walk around in front of his door or look at his balcony, but he either ignored me or he really didn't know that I was trying to get his attention. I don't know why, but I liked being with Grayson.

Vincent suddenly came up to me and screamed, "If that old lady tells me to help her pick out her party dress again, I'm literally going to murder her."

I said, "Go right ahead. Be my guest."

He smiled and was about to run to do just that when I stopped him.

I rolled my eyes at him and said, "I was joking."

He sighed and sat on the chair next to me. We were currently in the backyard facing the beach and the pool. Yes, they have a beach AND a pool.

The wind was blowing and it actually felt nice out.

Suddenly, we heard the door open and Grayson walked out he looked over at us and said, "I'm going to be swimming, so you guys should leave."

I wasn't really listening because currently I was admiring his abs. Oh god.

He smirked at me and said, "Like what you see?" Vincent snickered at me and I glared at both of them. I stood up and left them.

Mrs. King saw me come in and asked me to help her pick a dress.

Oh no. I learned it the hard way that picking out her dress meant going through her huge closet of endless clothing. Even though you pick her one dress, she never likes any of them. This is why she is still trying to find the 'perfect' dress.

Grace is going to let me borrow one of hers because she has a lot too and I didn't bring any fancy dresses. Vincent was going to borrow Grayson's tuxedo.

I smiled at Mrs. King and said, "Uh.. I have to uhm.. pee?"

She looked at me disapprovingly and I just ran towards my bedroom. I stayed in there for the rest of the day watching TV and listening to music.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
It was finally the day of the party and I was actually excited!

A lot of people have already arrived and there were so many food!

I was greeting guests because Mrs. King said that it was the polite thing to do. But, my mind was trying to think of ways to go to the buffet tables.

Grayson was next to me and said, "Thinking of how to escape from greeting people?"

I shook my head and said, "No, I'm thinking of how to go to the buffet food before all the food runs out."

He said, "Don't worry. We have more if we run out."

Oh, of course.

Mrs. King has finally let us go and have fun and I was trying to run to the buffet tables in my high heels. I hate heels. Ugh.

I finally got to the table and started pigging out on all the food with Vincent. Grayson looked at me and said, "You're going to eat all that?"

I nodded and went to a table to sit. This was heaven.

When I finished eating, Grayson said, "You really ate all that."

I rolled my eyes at him and I saw Tristan walking over to us. I was still awkward with him so I hid behind Grayson.

Grayson had a unreadable expression on his face.

Huh.

Tristan and Grayson said hi to each other and it was funny how they could suddenly be so close to one another. I smiled because I did a good thing.

Suddenly, Tristan looked over at me and said, "Can I talk to you, Madison?"

I didn't know what to say. I was nervous not in a lovey way but in a cautious way.

When I was about to reply, Grayson said, "Sorry, Tristan but she promised me a dance."

Without even realizing, I was being pulled to the dance floor by Grayson.

A slow song came on and he put his hands on my waist. He pulled me close so I put my arms around his neck and I realized that we were staring at each other. Well, he was looking at me while I was looking anywhere but him. I don't get it, but lately everytime he's near me, my heart won't stop beating.

He said, "You owe me because I just saved you from having an awkward conversation with Tristan."

I playfully glared at Grayson and said, "Thank you very much, Mr. King."

His expression suddenly turned cold and he said, "Don't call me that."

I frowned at him and asked, "Why?"

"Because I don't like it."

I knew that I should drop the topic because he was starting to get really mad.

We just kept on swaying to the music while avoiding eye contact.

Someone tapped Grayson's shoulder and said, "Can I dance with Madison now?"

It was Tristan.

Grayson nodded and let Tristan take me.

That traitor!

Tristan now had me the way Grayson did before. It didn't feel the same though. I only felt friendly with Tristan while there was something more with Grayson.

I smiled at Tristan awkwardly and he said, "Hey, I'm sorry about what happened during the fireworks.. I didn't think about your feelings. I want you to know something though."

I looked at him questionably.

He took a deep breath and said, "I like you Madison. I have started to like you ever since I first met you. You make me laugh and smile at all of the oddest things you do."

I was shocked because I was totally not expecting that. I knew Tristan liked me but I didn't know he would confess his feelings.

I was about to open my mouth when he said, "Before you answer, please think about it." Afterwards, he left me.

I had no clue on what I should do. I don't even know my own feelings!