Chapter 4

I ran. No way would any parent of mine let me get married to someone like that. I raced down as Hades took the lead. I smacked headfirst into the chest of a tall man. I looked up.

He had storming gray eyes and long white hair symbolizing his age. Even though he was old, he was buff. Atop his head was a golden crown. His crest, a lightning bolt, was placed firmly on his chest.

"Persephone." He greeted me. He was going to get me out of here.

"Father?" I spoke questioningly. He simply nodded.

"Persephone. Hades has chosen you as his bride. I expect you to be complacent about his decision." Something inside me snapped. All my life I had been told what to do and now telling me how I'll marry wasn't going to pass well for me.

"This is your fault! Why am I down here? There are millions of other but nooo you had to choose me. Why? I don't even understand?" I turned towards Hades yelling,

"Listen here. I am your father. What I say is yours to do. When I say you will marry Hades then you will. Am I understood?" Zeus's voice boomed across the room as he spun me to face him. 

I wanted to cry of frustration but before I could yell he disappeared dramatically. I turned around to face Hades. He threw me a glare and I realized my mistake. I had just kissed him and now I was ready to run away again. He stalked off leaving me in the room. I sighed. I didn't blame him. I would've been angry too.

I took a breath in order to control my raging emotions. First my mother, then Hades then my father and then Hades again. I headed off feeling the cold marble against my feet. I shivered as a sudden brush of cold swept through me. I pulled my arms closer to myself and took a breath. I felt eyes on me as I turned around. Movement behind me caught my eye. A dark figure swept across the hallway in order to not be seen. A feeling of paranoia swept through me. I ran quickly to my room.  I slammed the door shut and sank to the ground pulling my legs to my chest and wrapping my arms around myself.

I sat there for a while taking in what had just happened. I took a deep breath. I don't cry. I don't cry. I don't cry. On the other hand, I missed my friends immensely. Awuna would probably be wondering where I was now. But then again she could travel the world and wait forever. I went from one prison to the next. I pulled myself up and lay underneath the covers. 

I woke up with something pressed up against my entire side. There was a warm feeling to it, unlike anything I had ever felt. I curled closer to it and I felt a light arm wrap around my side. I suddenly realized that I didn't know what was there. I turned around suddenly to see a man in my bed. I froze as his azure eyes met my brown ones. 

I was about to yell before the air got knocked out of me as he spun me around leaving me breathless. I was laying on the bed as he held himself up leaving his hands next to my face and one of his legs next to mine and the other in between my legs. 

"If you ever want to leave, I recommend you not say anything to your fiance. "  I nodded. This pose was too intimate and unfamiliar to me. 

"W-Who are you?" I demanded stuttering a bit. 

"Coes and you are Persephone correct?" His low baritone voice sent shivers up my spine.

"Y-yes" 

Coes said nothing as he studied me. His blue eyes contrasted with his dark silky hair that spilled from the top of his head to the nape of his neck. It was wild as a sailor's hair would be. His arms were muscular and tanned like a seasoned warrior's arm would be. His face was a beautiful sculpture. He had a strong jawline that had a slight stubble spotting around it as if it had been recently shaved, roughly at that. His high cheek bones seemed to stand out as his dimples did. He was smirking at me.