Woomy #31: Eve

~December 24th, Squidmas Eve, Sunday Evening~

The pairs lips connected.

Slightly embarrassed, Nova looked away.

"You okay?" Nagi questioned, glancing up and over at him. A soft smile rested on her lips.

Anytime Nova saw any couples in the streets, the octoling couldn't help but imagine that same scenario but between Nagi and himself.

Nova nodded, still a bit shy.

The days leading up to Squidmas Eve were rather exciting, considering the fact that the Splatfest itself had ended. If you were trying to shop casually during this time period, good luck with that, as every commercial store was bombarded with inklings shopping for gifts to give. Nova and Nagi on the other hand, had already gotten each other their Squidmas gifts (though neither are aware of the other's) with due time. Though the week following the Splatfest was still filled with their usual shifts in the Squidbeak Splatoon, the pair would still hang out in their downtime, and they found that their feelings for each other would continue to grow.

However, Nova's doubts would return again. Both 3 and 4 seemed to be back on good terms from the way they interacted on the second night of the Splatfest, so 8 was pushed to believe that maybe what Nagi was upset over, was just a quarrel between them. Then came the more conflicting thoughts again, about how whether or not it'd be good if he were to stay roommates with Nagi, about the fact that technically he had overstayed his visit as Nova had already gotten a good grasp in the way things worked in Inkopolis. How Draco's jealousy was well known, with even Callie mentioning it awhile ago too, and how 8's presence alone could cause issues between them.

But maybe it was time to leave the nest anyways, no? He had already stayed there long enough anyways, so much so that Nova even felt as if though he took advantage of 3's kindness. However, time and time again she would reassure him, that it was fine, that it didn't bother her. On the contrary, even if Nova felt that he should find his own place now, he didn't want to leave.

When your roommate is both your best friend and your love interest, who would actually want to move out?

It wasn't like they despised each other's company, proven by how much time they spend together. To add on, Nagi had never made it a big deal ever.

"It's chilly tonight," 8 shivered lightly. "...It's so weird seeing the streets this empty, especially after the Splatfest..."

Each word that was spewed only turned into its usual mist. The sky seemed surprisingly dark, and the pair quickly realized that the clouds covered what would've been a starry evening/night. Although Inkopolis streets were practically empty, ignoring the several inklings that walked past them, those few that roamed the streets continued to give Nova a strange glare. It was clearly meant to be subtle, though it was completely obvious to both Agents 3 and 8.

"You've been saying that for the past week already," Nagi giggled lightly, readjusting the scarf around her neck. "I still can't believe it though..."

3's voice trailed off slowly, the lime haired inkling rubbing her hands together and breathing hot air into them. 8 wondered where she was going with this.

"You've already been here for so long now," Nagi continued, her orange eyes meeting his. "And yet, some inklings continue to give you those weird stares as if you were someone bad."

Nova, who attempted to hide the lower part of his face into his coat as to warm up, only shook his head, "I learned to ignore it to be honest. It doesn't bother me as much as it used to...I prefer that over the actual fighting honestly."