Ch.9 - A Mother's Love

Start from the beginning

He slightly gasped, "Good Lord. It's like if the love-child of Two-Face and The Phantom of The Opera had plastic surgery to look like Palpatine."

Then, Y/N began to feel a surge of energy, as 4 crimson eyes began to glow on the face of the mirror.

"I've seen them before..."

Before he knew it, a burst of energy blinded his vision, as he felt his feet lift off the ground.

"Man, Death really does have a sense of humor. Really wish I met the guy."

After a few quick seconds, everything went black.

• • • • • • • •

"Arella!"

The white-cloaked woman turned to face Raven

"Raven?"

The sorceress finally made it. It took several failed spell attempts, the results of which were evident from the mess in her room. But she was finally here.

Azarath.

"Mother... I'm scared. I need your help."

"Raven, you shouldn't be here."

"I know. But, I don't know what to do."

Arella sighed

Arella sighed. "What is it, Raven?"

Raven took off her hood. "Something inside me got loose. Something bad. I couldn't control it." She paused. "I almost killed... somebody. I've come close before, but never this close. It was horrible, mother. I know I've been taught to suppress my emotions for the sake of the universe. But the fear in his eyes was far too sickening to just forget about."

Arella continued to stroke the dove that perched on her wrist. "Who was it?"

Raven bit her bottom lip, "It's this... boy. He's staying with me and friends, but so far, it's only temporary. He looks to be around my age, but I can't be sure." She averted her gaze from Arella in thought. "I don't know what it is, but he makes my inner demons begin to rage whenever he is near. His spiritual energy is unlike anything I've ever been exposed to, even during my training with Azar."