Duel

Sebastian walks up the stairs placing the drinks on the table before sitting down. "So, what should we do," he asks turning his attention to you. You look at him a bit wide-eyed, "This was your idea. Did you not have a plan?" His eyes flick from you to Ominis, "Of course, I have a plan. I always have a plan. Right, Ominis?" Ominis looks up from his drink, "Oh, yes, a plan... Sebastian, we don't have a plan why are we pretending?" A small smile forms as you stifle a laugh, "Always have a plan?" You say flicking your eyes to Sebastian. Sebastian's face flattens, "Thanks for your help, Ominis. Alright, so this was a spur-of-the-moment decision. Did you expect anything more from me?" "No, not really," you say casually, sipping your drink. Sebastian mocks hurt as Ominis lets out a small laugh. An idea sparks in your head, "We could duel?" Sebastian looks at you intrigued. "Duel? I hardly think that's fair with your ancient magic." "Afraid you're gonna get beat again," you say with a smirk. Ominis chokes on his drink, "Y/n, don't stoke the fire." You ignore Ominis' warning, "I won't use ancient magic. It will be just like the first day in Defense against the dark arts and we both know how that ended," you tease as you take a sip of your drink. Sebastian's face becomes serious, "Fine, let's duel. I won't go easy on you like I did then." You smile as he stands from the table. Ominis lets out a sigh, "Did you really have to?" You look at him placing your hand on his, "Yes, I did."

~10 minutes later outside of Hogsmead~

"I think this is far enough," Sebastian says turning on his heel. "You ready?" "Someone is eager to regain his honor," you say pulling your wand from your robe. "Well I had a reputation before you came along and now all I am is the resident crush." You let out a small laugh, "You were that before, and besides I'm pretty sure I heard more of the girls talk about Eric." Sebastian glares, "Eric Northcott?" "Ok, calm down," Ominis says stepping between the two of you. "You're not making this easy on yourself," Ominis says turning his head to you. "I know," you say never breaking your eye contact with Sebastian. "We are doing the same rules as in class. Only disarming spells and protego. Understood?" Ominis says mostly to Sebastian. You both nod before turning your back and stepping away from each other. Ominis gives the signal and you both turn. "Expelliarmus," Sebastian throws at you. You easily dodge, "Is that all you've got?" He immediately throws another, "Protego," you respond easily blocking it. "You sure we can't use different spells, Ominis," Sebastian asks. "No, Sebastian. No other spells." "I'm fine with dueling club rules," you say. Sebastian smiles, "Dueling club? We never fought each other in the dueling club. But I'll do dueling club rules. Confringo." You dodge out of the way, "Surprise attack? Is this how you became an undefeated duelist?" Ominis steps back with a sigh sitting down in the grass as the two of you go at it.

~5 minutes later~

"Always wanted to see you on your back, " Sebastian says smirking down at you. "I'm sure you have. You have always been a pervert," you say sitting up. He holds his hand out for you helping you up from the ground. You brush yourself off, "You two finally done?" Ominis yells. "Yes, we are done. I have regained my title," Sebastian says walking over to Ominis. "You sure she didn't let you win?" "She would never," Sebastian says turning to look at you. You shrug your shoulders and give him a lost look. "You didn't right?" he asks slight panic in his voice. "Ominis, why would you fill him with doubt? I'm going to have to duel him again at this rate." Ominis shrugs, "Just didn't seem like you were giving it your all." "I gave my all.. today," you say. Sebastian's eyes flash in your direction, "Today?" "I'm getting quite peckish. Anyone else," you ask making your way back to Hogsmeade.

~Hours later~

You walk into the Room immediately heading for your plants to begin pruning. As you prune you hear Sebastian's footsteps head to his room and Ominis walk in to sit across from your workstation. "Was that really necessary?" he asks clearly perturbed. "What? I thought he could use a pick me up," you say continuing with your plants. "The last thing he needs is an ego stroke. We all know what happens when he gets too confident." "Ominis, it will be fine. He hasn't been doing well. I know he has become better at hiding it and I know you keep your mouth shut cause he asked you to," you sigh clearly frustrated. "God, you two are the same. You do nothing but worry about each other, leaving me to pick up the pieces." Your hands freeze before you turn to look at Ominis his head hanging with his hands folded on the table. You quietly walk over and sit beside Ominis placing your hand on his, "Ominis, we both know how much you have done for us. We... we just think the same it's easier I guess," you say quietly. "Please don't think I don't lo... appreciate you," you whisper your hand squeezing his. He sighs gently, taking your hand in his, "I know."