Chapter 15

"She can't be serious. She is being ridiculous," Sebastian rambles pacing back and forth in the undercroft. The tell-tale sound of the gate opening and someone walking in can be heard but Sebastian continues ignoring it. "Sebastian, we need to get to class," Ominis says gently. Sebastian continues to pace lost in his own thoughts until he feels a hand land on his shoulder stopping him. "Sebastian, we need to get to class," Ominis repeats. "I'm not going I have to figure out what we are going to do with her. I have to make sure she doesn't do something stupid. She has no classes today which means she is gonna keep herself couped up in that nonexistent area that no one knows about and she is going to do something she regrets," he says shaking Ominis' hand off his shoulder and continuing to pace. "Sebastian, we have one class today and unfortunately it is with Professor Weasley if either of us doesn't show up our promise to her will have been broken which means a report will be sent to the Headmaster and then to my parents. Something that I have no power to stop now. We. Have. To. Go." Ominis warns. Sebastian looks at Ominis taking in his rigid shoulders and weary face before nodding reluctantly.

~Transfiguration Class~

"Good Morning class, today we will be learning to transform Puffskeins into paperweights. Professor Howin has graciously let us borrow some Puffskeins. I expect you all to treat them nicely." Ominis gets a smirk on his face, "Puffskeins, huh." Sebastian looks at Ominis and the direction he is pointing his wand. "Ominis, don't you think we should leave Duncan alone this year." Ominis turns toward Sebastian, "I'm just going to see if he has gotten over his fear." Sebastian looks at Ominis, "I can tell by looking at him that he hasn't, Ominis." Ominis smirks. Sebastian continues to practice the transfiguration glancing at Ominis every once in a while. "Mr.Gaunt I have yet to see you practice. Can you demonstrate for the class please?" Professor Weasley asks signaling for Ominis to stand and demonstrate. "Certainly, Professor," he says standing pointing his wand at the Puffskein in front of him. He flicks his wand with a slight jerk unlike his typical fluid motions and a scream erupts from the opposite side of the room. Duncan falls off his chair onto the floor as his deskmate picks the Puffskein up off of Duncan. "Mr.Hobhouse there is no need for such dramatics," Professor Weasley says before turning back to Omins. "Oh, I apologize, Professor I must have not quite aimed correctly," he says feigning innocence. "I'm not sure it is me you should be apologizing to, Mr.Gaunt. Class Dismissed" "Oh yes, of course, Professor," Ominis says getting up from his seat and following Duncan out into the hallway. "Apologies, Puffskein Dunkein," he whispers walking past him. Sebastian follows behind him slightly annoyed. "Really, Ominis?" "Oh, someone hasn't heard what rumors Hobhouse has been spreading this year," Ominis says pulling Sebastian to an empty hallway. "Mr. Hobhouse is still not over the fact that Y/n denied lying to the school about his bravery and has taken to spreading rumors about her abilities." "What is he saying exactly?" "He has started many. I'm surprised you haven't heard any of them. I would say the most treacherous is saying she killed Professor Fig." Sebastian's face flashes with anger as he whips around colliding with someone. "Ah, Hobhouse, not very lucky today are we," Ominis says darkly. Duncan stumbles back before getting on his feet and apologizing before running off. Sebastian starts to move after him but Ominis grabs his elbow stopping him. "Let him go, Sebastian. He will get what he deserves." "She has enough on her and this little rat is going around slandering her and you want me to stay put," Sebastian rants. "Sebastian, we have enough to apologize for. What I've done will get back to her and it will add one more thing to the list. Let's not push our luck," Ominis says regretfully.

~The Great Hall/ Lunch~

"You should go and check on her," Sebastian says to Ominis refusing to touch the food in front of him. " She isn't angry with you and I'm not calm enough to speak to her without yelling. So you should go," he explains desperately. "Look, she isn't happy with either of us and this is her one day where she has no responsibilities let her have a day, Sallow. She deserves a break," Ominis says taking a sip of his tea. "I don't want her to do something dumb," Sebastian says quietly. "You don't have much room to talk, Sebastian. You dragged her through hell and back with your antics last year." "I know what I did!" Sebastian yells standing up from the table the students in the great hall go silent. Looking around Sebastian grabs Ominis pulling him through multiple doors past the Quad Courtyard and down some stairs, barely any students go down before turning to him. "I know what I did. If anyone knows it's me. I'm also the only one who can sit here and speak from experience about making choices and not taking in anyone else's feelings. I messed up I decided I was going to risk everything for Anne. Am I still fighting for her? Yes. I'll never stop trying to find a cure for her. But I took it too far I ignored her feelings. I ignored yours. And Y/n despite everything I put her through fought beside me. I know how much she is willing to sacrifice I've been there. I looked for ways to take the curse from Anne to do anything so that she didn't have to deal with it. I was willing to die for her if it would save her life. So if anyone has an inkling of the ideas and the thoughts that she is having it's me," Sebastian says anger and fear gripping his voice. Ominis stays silent as footsteps quietly approach behind them. A small gentle hand ghosts over Sebastian's back causing him to tense. Y/n walks around standing beside Ominis to face him