Extended Break

Stumbling your way into the Great Hall you hear the familiar loud droaning of the students being back from break. You drag yourself to your normal seat beside the boys, "Good Morning, love," Ominis says as you flop down in your seat. Sebastian looks up at you, "Good lord, did you have a rough night? Looks like a troll drug youthrough half of Scotland." You mumble incoherently grabbing a mug and gulping it down. "What did the two of you do to her over the break. She looks dreadful," Poppy says as she walks up to the three of you. You look up at her and throw on a small mile. "Ah, Poppy. I do hope your break was wonderful," you say mumbling. "I would say it seems to have gone better than yours," she says throwing the two boys a look that could curse them where they stood. "Oh, mine was great actually. Last night was exhausting. But I'll be fine," you say trying to straighten yourself up. You give a nervous look to Sebastian as Ominis cuts in, "You know how her nerves get to her sometimes Poppy. She just didn't sleep much." Poppy looks at you for confirmation, "Yes, I was just up all night. Couldn't stop taking care of my plants and making potions. Don't get me started on Transfiguration," you say very unconvincingly. Poppy nods her head clearly unconvinced of your explanation before continuing her way to the Hufflepuff table. Your head falls making a THUD on the table. "What is going on?" Sebastian asks panicked. "I haven't slept in days. I ran out of ingredients to make my energy tonics." Ominis' face twists, "What do you mean energy tonics? How long has it been since you slept?" You stay quiet for a moment, "About 5 days ago..." you whisper. "5 DAYS?" Sebastian screams grabbing the attention of many students. He huddles back down, "5 days? You haven't slept in 5 days. Why?" You slowly stand from the table dragging your heavy body towards the exit of the Great Hall into the nearby Gardens. Both boys jump from their seats. Sebastian grabs you to help support you out the door as Ominis meets the two of you at the door. "What is going on," he whispers frantically. The three of you stop at a bench in a quiet corner where you sit. "I don't want to sleep." "Why would you not want to sleep," Sebastian asks angry and annoyed. "I... the attacks have been happening when I'm asleep. During break, I didn't want it to ruin the holidays so I've been using tonics and it's been fine. No attacks," you say glancing up at Sebastian's face with a smile. The look on his face sends fear through your body as you glance over at Ominis' twisted expression. "I knew you weren't sleeping well. But to be doing this is ridiculous," Sebastian says threw gritted teeth. "Go to the Room. Sleep," Ominis demands. "I have classes..." "I will speak to Professor Weasley. You will go and sleep," Ominis yells. You take a moment from the pure shock before standing. "I am not a child. I will go to class and do as I deem necessary," you say storming off to your class. Sebastian goes to grab you but Ominis stops him, "Let her be." "She can't go on like this, Ominis." "I am going to speak with Professor Weasley. For now, let her be." "I have class with her. I will not be able to just be there." Ominis turns from him and begins walking towards the transfiguration courtyard. "It will only be one class, Sebastian."

You sit in Ancient Runes the only thing keeping you awake is the constant surveillance Seb keeps on you. A switch from glaring to worry constantly on his face. The professor continues their lecture as you take notes giving you every opportunity to ignore Sebastian's stares. Towards the end of class, Professor Weasley walks in and you throw a look at Sebastian who now holds a smirk on his face. "Professor, I'm sorry to interrupt but I need to borrow Ms. Y/L/N and Mr. Sallow for the rest of class." The professor nods and waves for the two of you to go on. You begrudgingly gather your things as Sebastian stands from his seat, "You should have listened, Sweetheart," he whispers as he passes by you to exit the classroom. You grab your last book slamming it into your bag as you follow after him. The second the classroom door closes you grab Sebastian by his collar and slam him against the wall, "How dare you-" "That is quite enough, y/n!" Professor Weasley demands. You let go of Sebastian turning towards her, "I'm sorry, Professor." Sebastian takes a moment straightening his clothes and tie. "I do not know what the three of you have been up to these past weeks but I do hope it has not been this way the entire time. Y/n I have heard you are having a rough patch and may need some time to rest and gather yourself." "There is no need professor I am perfectly fine." "You would like me to believe you are thinking straight after that display I just saw." A sheepish look comes over your face. "It is very obvious you have not slept. Not just by the look of you but also by your actions. You are lashing out at those closest to you. You have forgotten your tie. The state of your uniform is not up to code and we all know that is not like you." You look down at yourself upon hearing her inspection taking a moment to glance at Sebastian with an apologetic look. "I have talked to your professors and you have been provided a few days off as have Mr. Sallow and Mr. Gaunt. They will be responsible for seeing to it that you get the proper rest and keep up with the school work you will be missing during the time off." "I hardly see a need for babysitters, Professor Weasley." She gives a pointed look, "I wish that were the case. However, leaving you to your own devices has gotten us where we are today." A spike of anger rises in you, "And you expect that Sallow will be a good option?" Professor Weasley takes a hard look at Sebastian, "Mr. Sallow has made many questionable decisions but everyone in this school knows of his loyalties to those closest to him. He has also been a fairly model student this year other than a few glamors that have not gone unnoticed by the other Professors." Sebastian's face turns to shock glancing between you and Professor Weasley, "I-I." "No need, to explain Mr. Sallow. We have all decided to let it slide considering the circumstances." You finally give your full attention to Sebastian a bit of anger and worry on your face. "I assume Mr.Gaunt has already headed to your Room. The Professors will send the three of you your assignments shortly," Professor Weasley explains before turning on her heels and walking away.

The moment Professor Weasley is out of sight you whip your head to Sebastian, "You can't ever stand not getting your way can you?" Sebastian takes a deep breath and begins walking toward the Room. "You and Ominis both neither one of you can just let me be. I can take care of myself I have done it.." "For 15 years, I know. That doesn't mean you are going to continue to do it yourself for the rest of your life. Whether you like it or not we are doing what is best for you. You can hate us all you want." You huff watching him walk ahead of you many paces before setting on your way as well.

Sebastian opens the door to the Room allowing you to pass through first before stepping in behind you. You storm to your room and slam the door behind you paying no attention to Ominis sitting at a table across the room. "I see that went over well." "I did my best. I did not yell at her and I did not drag her out of the classroom no matter how many times I thought about it," he says taking a seat across from Ominis and letting out a sigh. "When she wakes up she will understand," he says softly taking a sip of his tea.

Hours later you awake sitting up in your bed taking a moment to take in your surroundings. What happened? A small knock startles you as you clear your throat, "Come in." Ominis slowly opens the door and steps inside, "I hope I didn't wake you. But the Professors have sent the assignments." You nod still a bit dazed, "Assignments? For what?" Ominis pauses confused, "For...For the days we will be missing." "Miss...ing? Oh Merlin," the memories from this morning come flooding back to you. "I-I didn't mean... I wasn't in the right." "Relax, darling. We both understand. I will say if there is anyone you should apologize to though it's Sebastian." You nod letting your head fall into your hands. "I will let you get ready." You watch as he closes the door behind him. I can't believe this. What the fuck is wrong with me? I was fine. You throw yourself out of bed putting yourself together before walking out the door and down the stairs to the next room. You see the boys sitting at the table in front of the large windows and take a seat beside them. Noticing they had already gathered your books you silently pull out your potions book. Ominis hands you the letter containing the assigned work and you flip to the page to begin reading. Sebastian gets up and moves to one of your potions tables. You watch for a moment as he begins adding ingredients. Ominis lets out a sigh, "Sebastian, it seems Y/n is having a bit of trouble would you help her with Potions?" You whip your head glaring at Ominis, "I can't see your glare but I can feel it. Just consider this a nudge," he whispers. Sebastian turns and waves you over. You slowly get up and walk over to him, "Here," he says handing you the spoon to take over stirring. You grab it from him your hand brushing against his, "I'll read the instructions and we can work on it together." You nod your head as he begins reading and adding ingredients one by one. "Did you sleep well," he asks a moment later. "Is that part of the potion instructions?" "No, but I'm pretty sure I read it in a friendship handbook somewhere," he says sarcastically. You smile a bit, "I might need to borrow that handbook." "Ah, yes, well friendship rule number 1 is to forgive." "Not sure I really deserve that." Sebastian grabs your hand and pulls the spoon from it. "Sleep deprivation causes some severe issues. I wish you would have just told us instead though." Sebastian begins stirring in your stead and bumps you to the side. "I didn't want to ruin Christmas," you whisper gloomily. "You wouldn't have ruined anything," Sebastian sighs. "I guess I should have stepped up anyways. I knew you weren't sleeping. I should have helped." "This isn't your fault Sebastian. You shouldn't have to take care of me like I'm a child." "But you did the same for me," he whispers dropping his head. You let out a sad laugh, "Maybe we both are children." Sebastian smirks and looks up at you, "We have Ominis. He does a good enough job." You smile and look over your shoulder at Ominis. Ominis looks up feeling eyes on him, "What?" Sebastian lets out a life, "Nothing, Ominis." You turn back to Sebasitan seriousness falling over you again, "Glamors? You want me to be honest with you but you haven't been honest with me either." Sebastian's mouth straightens, "Didn't want to ruin Christmas," he says. You let out a small laugh, "Ominis was right we really are the same." "I told you so!" he says from the table. "Oh, bugger off, Gaunt."

~A few hours later~

"All finished, love?" "Yes, I believe that's all of it. You two should go ahead and head back to your dorm." Sebastian stands from the table, "Not getting rid of us that easily." "But, it's no longer break. The two of you need to stay in the dorm." Sebastian walks off and you follow after him, "Sebastian, I'll be fine. The two of you can go and come back in the morning. Besides you will know then if I've slept or not." Sebastian stops at the door to their room, "Yes, but how will we know if you haven't just taken another energy tonic. I think Professor Weasley will understand," he says smirking and continuing his way to his room. Ominis comes up behind you placing his hand on your lower back, "Go rest, love. We will be here if you need anything."