Doubts

"Matilda, this is not something that can be cured. This is a rogue magic. Aesop or Dinah would be much more suited to figure this out. They have much more experience in the Ministry," Nurse Blainey explains. "Noreen, I can't bring more people into this. This girl is in danger and the more people that know the more at risk she is," Professor Weasley explains desperately. "I understand Matilda but this isn't something I can help with. The potion Mr.Sallow made is doing its job but it's rudimentary I'm not sure how long it will work." "I understand but what would you have me do? All the professors know about the magic but all of us including me thought it had been stored below Hogwarts. I cannot risk the search for how to control this getting out." "You think one of them would sell out a student!" Nurse Blainey screams angry at the insinuation. "I do not believe they would do it purposely. This girl is being watched. She has been all summer. I watched the cabin she stayed in with Sebastian and neither of them realized the people that stalked that house. They watched her all summer the only reason she was not grabbed was because I had placed protections over that house and had multiple spies watching her." A gasp escapes Blaineys mouth, "This girl is not going to be able to hide forever. She won't be here forever, Matilda. The school cannot keep her safe her whole life." "I know," Professor Weasley states slowly collapsing in the chair in her room.

You take one last glance at yourself in the mirror straightening yourself and throwing on a fake smile before stepping outside the Room. Pulling the door behind you you hear a familiar voice clear his throat. Whipping around, "Sebastian, Merlin's beard!" Sebastian smirks a bit, "What are you so jumpy about. Doing something you're not supposed to in there?" he says teasing peaking around to see in the room before you close the door fully. "That's none of your business," you say beginning your descent to Herbology. "Well that makes me more curious," he says falling in line beside you. "What are you doing up here?" "I came to get you," he says nonchalantly. "You got up earlier than you needed to, to walk all the way up here to escort me all the way back down?" he nods his head. "What did Ominis promise you?" He trips over his own feet at the insinuation, "Excuse me, what I can't be nice?" "Not when it comes to getting up early," you stop when a thought hits you. You look at Sebastian and take in his face fully. Dark eye bags, the same clothes he was in yesterday, and hair a mess. You reach up and touch his face gently tracing the evidence of his exhaustion on his face. When you hear a shuffling of multiple students behind you you pull your hand away quickly before continuing your walk. Sebastian stunned takes a moment before falling back in step beside, "You alright?" "You aren't sleeping." He falls silent beside you.

~Herbology class~

"Today class we will be learning about Mistletoe. I very well-known plant in the Muggle world for a peculiar reason," Professor Garlick explains. You continue trimming your dittany plant as Garlick continues. "Can anyone explain the importance of Mistletoe?" "Mistletoe is a poisonous plant used in the curing of multiple common poisons," Sebastian says looking at you. You look at him shocked at his participation, "It also is popular in the Muggle world for having to kiss whoever you stand under it with." You roll your eyes at him, "Very good, Mr.Sallow." You pick up the Mistletoe that was handed out and look at Sebastian, "Wonder if Garreth knows about that tradition." Sebastian grasps the wooden table in front of him and for a split moment, you swear you see the wood breaking underneath his grip. He quickly releases the table swiping the mistletoe out of your hands, "I'm sure there are better uses for Weasley with this poisonous plant." You snatch it back and place it on the table shooing him back to his work. He simply throws his hands up in a little surrender.

Sebastian follows you out of the Herbology classroom as you both head to meet Ominis in Charms. You both enter Central Hall hearing students muttering about. Suddenly a voice calls out your name," Y/n!" You turn and see Garreth running up to you. Sebastian lets out an aggravated sigh. Garreth stops in front of you his typical happy demeanor obvious, "Hey! Are you alright? The professors told us you would be out for a while cause you were sick or something." "Garreth, I'm fine. Nothing to worry about just needed some recovery time," you reply happily. "Heard Sebastian and Ominis were asked to stay with you as well. Though what I overheard from my Aunt didn't seem like that was planned," he says eyeing Sebastian. Your eyes widen for a moment before throwing your mask back on. "Oh, yes well I had to be out for a few days and I was out of the castle so Professor Weasley thought it would be nice if I had some friends to keep me company. But they apparently made the decision without checking with Ominis' parents first so there was a bit of a problem," you say waving your hand dismissively. Garreth nods his head slowly obviously skeptical. "Right, well glad your back,' he says waving as he walks off. You look up at Sebastian seeing him glaring at Garreth's back as he walks away. You sigh grabbing him by the elbow and pulling him up the stairs.

"There you two are. I was beginning to think you weren't coming," Ominis says slight panic in his voice. "We were unfortunately rudely interrupted by a weasel," Sebastian says as you two stroll up to Ominis. "Garreth was simply checking on me since we were gone for a few days." "I wouldn't use the word checking considering he sounded suspicious as to why we were gone as well," Sebastian says gesturing to him and Ominis. "He was asking about us," Ominis asks. "It's fine. Garreth isn't going to do anything," you say walking into the Charms classroom. Ominis sighs, "She's still closed off." Sebastian watches as you go in before turning to Ominis, "She hasn't said much to me. She knows I'm not sleeping. I think it's your turn," he says before walking in and taking his seat.

~After class~

You gather your books and wave goodbye to Poppy heading towards Sebastian and Ominis waiting by the door. "So, boys. What now?" Sebastian looks at Ominis clearly confused recognizing that he is as well. "Uhh, well, we have a few hours before dinner. Is there something you would like to do, y/n?" You pause for a moment at the unfamiliarity of Ominis' words. Deciding to let it go for now you turn heading to the stairs of the Astronomy tower just as you get to the bottom of the steps you realize they aren't following you. You turn around and see Sebastian with his arm on Ominis' shoulder looking confused. He looks at you and you wave your hand at him signaling him to follow you. "Shit, let's go," Sebastian says pulling Ominis with him.

You walk into the Room with the boys trailing behind you. Hanging your bag up beside the door. You walk through the other corridor and into the other opening to check on the plants and potions. The boys awkwardly follow you in sitting across the way. "Have these windows always been similar to the ones in the Slytherin common room?" Sebastian asks getting up from the chair and walking up to them. "Yes, I haven't changed anything in here from last year. Although your room is still here. Seems the room thinks you still need it," you say planting the mistletoe seeds you were given in class earlier. "Y/n, are you alright?" Ominis asks softly. "Why are you doing that," you ask walking up to the table and taking a seat. "Doing what?" Ominis replies nervously. "Calling me by my name? You rarely call me by name. You haven't called me by my name since the end of last year. I thought earlier it was cause we were in public but now," you trail off for a moment. "Are you mad at me?" you ask softly. Sebastian walks behind Ominis and quietly smacks him on the back as he takes a seat. "No, no, I'm not mad. Confused, scared, lost, yes." Ominis says. You nod your head slowly. "I... we..." "We don't need to have this conversation now if you don't want to," Ominis says quietly. "No, we need to have it. Nothing can go back to normal until we do," you take a deep breath preparing yourself.