Voices

~Next day~

The three of you sit silently in the main room waiting for word from Professor Weasley. You sit silent, biting your nails, occasionally getting up and pacing. "Sweetheart, sit down," Sebastian says gently. You continue to pace before walking off to your room. Sebastian slumps in his seat, "She is worried," Ominis states. "I know." A minute later you come out of your room dragging your suitcase behind you, "What are you doing?" Sebastian yells running up to you, taking the suitcase. "This was a bad idea. I'm leaving. I will find a place to hide till I can figure things out," you state trying to swipe the suitcase from his hands. Sebastian pulls it out of your reach as Ominis speaks up, "Where will you go? Your face is well known in this valley you won't get far without being recognized," Ominis warns. "I have survived on my own for 15 years. I can do it again," you say snatching the suitcase from Sebastian's hands. "What do you mean," Sebastian says stunned eyes widening in shock. "Nothing, you two will be safe here. I'll send you a message when I find somewhere safe," you say heading towards the door. "No, you aren't leaving. You're not gonna leave us here. You aren't going to do this on your own. You promised me that you wouldn't leave no matter how hard it got this summer," Sebastian yells grabbing your hand and pulling you back to face him. "I promised that long before this started happening. I'm not risking you or Ominis or the school because of this. Because I can't control this shit. I am leaving," you snatch your hand from him. Ominis steps in front of you placing his hands up in between you as you turn to leave, "Just wait, just a moment, please. We deserve at least that much," he says calmly. "I don't have anything to tell you. I have nothing to offer. You two don't deserve to be wrapped up in this. It's better for everyone if you stay here," you say holding back tears. "Is it better for everyone? Or is it easier for you?" Ominis asks. Sebastian walks up and hugs you, "Just tell us why you want to leave?" You lean against him small tears escaping your eyes, "because this is too dangerous to put you all at risk. Professor Weasley doesn't know what this is. I can't risk losing the only family I've known. I won't," you whisper. Sebastian pulls away from you. "I won't allow you to be alone. Neither of us will stand by and watch you walk through that door. Either we come with you or you force our hand." You look up making eye contact with Sebastian, "You would fight me to keep me from leaving?" you say, taking multiple steps back from him. "If that's what it takes, yes. I will not stand by and watch you leave," he says a determined look in his eyes. Ominis steps up, "Love, I do not want to fight you. But I'm not going to let you leave either, not without us." "What makes you think you two would be able to stop me," you say taking one step back and gripping your wand. Sebastian glances at Ominis. "No one will be fighting anyone," Professor Wealey states walking through the door. "I realize it took me longer than expected to fetch you but what is going on here?" she asks perplexed. "Professor, we were just having a bit of a spat," Ominis says trying to hide the tension in the room. Professor Weasley looks at you taking in the sight of the suitcase in your hand, "You won't be needing that. I have calmed the Headmaster and the Gaunts for now. However, there was a requirement. They have requested you not be allowed to sleep in the Slytherin common room due to safety concerns. You will be staying here," she says looking pointedly at you before switching her attention to the boys. "Mr.Gaunt, Mr.Sallow you will be going back to the common room. I think you three have broken enough school rules. I will not be allowing boys to sleep in the same area as the girls no matter where that sleeping area is. Go and pack your things," she states shooing the boys to get their things. "Now," she says grabbing your suitcase and walking back to your room.

"Would you like to explain to me what I just walked in on?" You take your suitcase from her and place it on the bed pretending to unpack. "Nothing, Professor." "Come now dear. I may be old but I know that was more than a spat with the way you were gripping your wand and well, Mr.Sallow was in a stance the whole school knows very well." You continue to unpack your things in silence. "I see, I'm not one to push in most circumstances. But I feel in this case I must." She pauses for a moment, "You were leaving, weren't you? Thought you made a mistake. Your fear of hurting them took over?" Your eyes widen slightly your hands pausing for a fraction of a second before continuing to unpack. "As I said, I may be old but that comes with lots of experience. Have you realized that your pushing to leave was going to lead you to hurt them anyways? Whether it be because of your absence or the fact that you were willing to push so far that you would harm them." You slowly sit on your bed, staring at the floor, "I wasn't going to fight them. Part of me wanted to but...." your voice tails off. Professor Weasley nods and heads to the door, " You don't want to be alone again? The only way you would ever be alone again is if you made it so," she says walking out.

"Mr.Gaunt, Mr.Sallow, I trust you are packed and ready to move back to your rooms. Where I expect you to stay most nights," Professor Weasley warns. "Professor, was this the only requirement from my family?" Ominis asks. "For the most part yes. They still expect you to contact them with an explanation and your sister should arrive back at school tomorrow. They have also stated that your whereabouts and activities should be reported to them weekly," Ominis nods his head grabbing his trunk. "Then we shall head back," Sebastian says heading towards the door. "A moment, Mr.Sallow." Ominis head out of the room and waits in the main entryway. "Yes, Professor." "Mr.Sallow you will need to meet with Nurse Blainey to discuss the concoction that you made. You might be asked to help fairly consistently with its improvement. I'm sure you don't mind helping in that regard?" Sebastian sighs, "No, Professor I don't mind." "Good, Y/n will be there tomorrow before classes begin. I expect you to be there as well," she explains, stepping out of the doorway to let Sebastian pass.

~The next day~

You run in through the doors of the Infirmary, "I'm so sorry, Nurse Blainey, I lost track of time," you say breathing heavily. "Ah, Ms.Y/l/n, no worries, Mr.Sallow assured me you would be here soon," she states leading you to a bed and motioning for you to sit down. Sebastian comes out of her office with some supplies stumbling for a moment when he sees you. "Ah, Mr.Sallow bring that over here. From my understanding, this is what he gave you to calm your let's say outbursts?" You nod your head. "Can you explain to me what these outbursts feel like?" "Yes, I'm afraid it's not very different from what can be observed. Pain mostly." "Mr.Sallow you have observed this happen a couple of times what have you seen?" "Uh, well, she always looks like she is in extreme pain. Usually sweating, doubled over, the most unique part of it would be the red glow that travels through her veins. It always seems to start from her chest and move down throughout her body," he explains avoiding eye contact with you. "Interesting, and a loss of control was mentioned by Professor Weasley. Is that in reference to the severe pain or something else?" Sebastian eye's flick to yours for a split moment. His eye's pleading with you, Tell her the truth. Tell her what you said that first night. Tell her. You can hear his pleas in your head, "No, it's not because of the pain. How much has Professor Weasley shared with you," you ask seeing Sebastian's form visibly relax. "Off the record? All of it," Nurse Blainey responds flatly. "The magic wants out. The pain comes after the voices. The pain causes me to be unable to fight back. It's not the main problem it's a," "symptom," Nurse Blaney responds. Sebastian stands silently beside her. "This is far beyond something that can be healed. This is not something I can fix I'm afraid. Professor Sharp or Hecat would be better equipped to handle rogue magic," she says softly. "I will continue making the concoction Mr.Sallow did for you to keep on you, to help with the flare-ups but I'm afraid there is not much I can do on my end. I must speak with Professor Weasley immediately," she says before excusing herself.

"Voices?" Sebastian asks sinking into a chair beside the bed. You stand up from the bed, "Yes," you say walking toward the door. "Wait, we need to talk about this," Sebastian says running to catch up to you and pulling you back. "I have to get to class," you say pulling away from him. "Is this about yesterday?" he asks following behind you. You continue walking ignoring him. "We have the same class. You won't be able to ignore me forever." "I don't plan on ignoring you forever. I plan on going to my goddamn class and being a normal student for a fucking hour." Sebastian stops stunned for a split moment before continuing to follow far behind you to class.