Chapter 39 week 4 part 2

Start from the beginning

"Why do you need to talk to her so bad? I already told Jayden and Kendall that Amelia doesn't want to see any of you right now. Her decision not mine, but for the record, let it be known that I don't blame her in the least," I told him truthfully. Cole needed to understand up front that there was no way he was going up to see Amelia tonight.

I watch Cole's jaw clinch repeatedly as I stand there and for a minute I wonder if he might explode from anger. When he still doesn't say anything after a second or two I raise my eyebrows up in question, "Well, if that was it, I have a club to run."

I go to leave, even though I know he's nowhere near finished with our conversation and start making my way back to the elevators and as soon as I go to press the button for the doors to open, Cole speaks out again this time even more furious than before, "You step into that elevator, just know I'll be right behind you."

Turning back to face him, I placed my hands on my hips and narrowed my eyes on him, "Cole, I told you she doesn't want to see you and while she's here under my watch, all of you are going to have to respect that."

My words must have took him over the edge of his, already very jagged edge, because in seconds Cole was right in front of me again and even more pissed, "I don't care what she wants, I need to speak to her now, Carmela! This has nothing to do with you, this isn't any of your concern."

I don't know what it was, but I immediately became defensive of Amelia and took two steps forward so that I was even closer to Cole. I silently patted myself on the back for deciding to wear my tall, thigh high, leather heeled boots tonight. Because with them on, I was just tall enough to get in Coles face a little.

Pointing one of my black painted, stiletto nails at Cole's chest, I gave him my most menacing look, "That's where you're wrong Cole, the moment that girl walked into my club asking for my help it became my problem. I know what the three of you did and to be completely honest, I'm ashamed to call all three of you my brothers right now. How could you treat her like that? How could you play with her head like that?"

Cole didn't seem to be in the least bit fazed by my own anger or tone, but I didn't think he would I just was so mad at him now, instead he quickly shot back with a response of his own, "You don't know what we're up against, Carmela! There are things you don't understand."

"Oh I understand plenty, I understand Jayden, Kendall and you put your own needs ahead of an innocent girls just to get what you wanted without even a tiny bit of concern for what that might do to her," I said, my own rage beginning to boil up inside of me and I didn't stop there, I kept going, "You know, you'd think after the fallout with Vita and everything she put you guys through as a result...you'd think you guys would have learned your lesson."

I knew the moment I brought up my brothers past with Vita that it would hit a nerve and I was right, "That's enough, Carmela! I don't know where you get off thinking you have an opinion that's wanted. When you decided not to live on the estate or be apart of any royal traditions you also opted out of having any say in how we handle our family business and as of right now, Amelia, whether she likes it or not, is our family business."

Cole's words stung, I had to admit, but he was right, I really didn't have any say in the family business. I had made that very clear years ago, that I wanted nothing to do with our family's royal traditions. My whole entire face must have fallen because suddenly Cole's face soften ever so slightly as he continued, "There are things... Individuals... an unknown group who are trying their hardest to bring our family to its knees and to do that they're going for our rule. These individuals want to take over and destroy our family and our legacy. Amelia was, she is the key to keeping that from happening. She's the only way it would be acceptable for all three of us, Me, Kendall and Jayden, to rule as one. If she would claim her love for all three of us and choose to become the wife of all three of us the Council would have no choice but to let us rule together. And when that happens, when we take the throne together we would be stronger for it, we'd be able to fight the treat against our family."

As my brother says all this, it becomes very clear to me that our family's rule and legacy is the most important thing to him. Nothing else seems to matter and I was sure Kendall and Jayden felt the exact same way. But even though I now understood where he was coming from and what was driving my brothers to do what they did to Amelia, it still didn't mean I could forgive what they did. The way they went about things was still wrong, they still hurt someone in the process and they were going to need to make that right at some point, and I told Cole just that.

Cole's frustration and temper seemed to have simmered down as our conversation was ending and that was a good thing. We both walked towards the front entrance of the lobby just as Sid was coming back from helping Anthony upstairs. Once we were outside in the cool night air Cole spoke again, "Look we'll give Amelia her space, for now, but in the very near future we are going to need to talk to her whether she wants to or not."

I nodded in understanding, knowing that Amelia couldn't hide from my brothers forever, and leaned up to huge my big brother, "I know," I said as Cole's car got fetched by one of my doormen.

Just as Cole went to get into his car, he stopped and looked over at me, "Let's keep our little chat and the fact that I came by tonight between us. I don't need anyone reading into something that's not even there. I got to go, I'll see you soon." And with that he got in his car and sped off... still as complicated as ever.

As I watched his car disappear into the night, I wondered if my brother knew because I could see it and I'm sure if I could see it so could the rest of the family... Cole, no matter how much or how hard he tried to deny it, he cared about Amelia, even if it was just a little... He cared.

Seconds later, as if right on cue, everyone started to arrive for the night.

TO BE CONTINUED....