Chapter Twenty-Two

Misty's P.O.V.

(P.s. this is all happening while Alice and Willa are with Kingston and Grace.)

I woke up at 9 o'clock sharp and took a shower. Afterwards I put on some black skinny jeans and a white and purple checkered t-shirt. I put my hair up in a pony tail and walked to the kitchen and grabbed my black Vans off the floor. My mom walked in just as I was walking out the door.

"Where you going?" she asked.

"Out." Was all I said and I closed the door.

I walked down to the house a few blocks away and rang the door bell.

"Hello?" Chelsea asked as she opened the door. "Oh. It's you."

"Can we talk?" I asked.

"No." she said and shut the door.

"Chels! Come on! Just talk with me!" I shouted.

"No! You lost the privilege of talking with me when you kissed that slut!" she yelled back.

"I won't leave until you talk with me!" I shouted. Finally the door opened again and Chelsea walked away after opening it.

"Thank you." I said and shut the door after I was inside.

"What do you want?" She asked.

"I want to explain, no, I need to explain." I said.

"I think you explained well enough last time. You 'didn't mean to' and you're 'sorry' and all that other bullshit."

"No, you know what? I did mean to. Maybe not at first, but I did mean to kiss her. When she kissed me and I kissed back I knew perfectly well that I had you. I'm not going to stand here and say that I didn't mean to do that and that it was all her because I played a part in that. I know now how stupid it was to do that though. I was so caught up in flirting and- wait, no. I'm not going to make excuses. I messed up. I really fucked with our relationship. But you know what? I am sorry. If I could go back in time I would slap myself so hard for even acknowledging her. Chelsea, you got to understand, I am so so sorry! I don't expect you to just jump back into a relationship with me but at least listen to me when I say this- I do love you. I have never loved someone as much as I love you. That's why I feel so guilty. I screwed up and threw away the only thing that I loved." By the end of this I was crying and so was she.

"Misty I love you too but I can't trust you and I can't go out with you again." Chelsea said.

"I understand." I said. I walked over to the door and opened it up and walked out. I was at the end of her driveway when I felt someone grab my arm. I turned around and saw Chelsea looking down at the ground and then up at me.

"Just because I can't trust you as a girlfriend doesn't mean I can't trust you as a friend." She said.

"Chels..."

"Can we just start over? Forget that we ever were girlfriends and just be friends?" she asked.

"I'd love that." I said.

Even though I would love to be her friend again I knew at that moment that it wouldn't be enough. I had to make her love me again. No matter how long it took to gain her trust as a girlfriend.

"Alright then." She said and let go of me.

"Do you want to go do something tomorrow? As friends? If you want, we could invite Willa and Alice or Kingston and Grace, hell, maybe even

Jackson and Chance if you'd like." I said.

"Let's just go out together. Just to make sure that we wouldn't act to terribly awkward first." She said.

"Sounds great. See you then, I'll text you."

"Okay."

 I walked back to my house and was greeted by my mother sitting on the porch waiting for me.

"Mom?" I asked.

"What's going on?" she asked.

"What do you mean?"

"What's going on with you and Chelsea? One minute you two were perfect together and the next, you're a disaster."

"Things went downhill. Me and her aren't together anymore but were still friends, or at least, were going to try to be."

"Alright..." she said.                                                               

I walked past her and into the house. I went straight into my room and shut the door. I really hope we can still be friends so that one day we can be more again.