Chapter Three

Alice's P.O.V.

When the school bell rang I rode home with Willa. I walked over to my house to tell my dad where I'll be, not that he'll actually care. I told him and he just waved me away and continued watching football. I went back over to Willa's house and walked inside. She was in the kitchen talking to her mom. She walked over to me and dragged me over by her mom.

"Mom, meet Alice. Alice, meet my mom." She said. I waved and shyly said hi.

"Well this is new, a friend of yours who doesn't just start yapping ever so loudly." Willa's mom said.

"Yep. Oh and I imagine that Misty might come over later with Kingston."

"Alright... you just keep that door open if that boy comes over."

"You not trust me?" Willa asked, pretending to be hurt by her mom's accusation.

"Just go." She said and waved towards the stairs. "And by the way, Alice, you can just call me mom, as if I'm your second mother."

"Can't be a second if you don't have the one." I said. Both Willa and her mom looked at me.

"What?" Willa asked.

"I don't have a mom anymore. She died two years ago." I said.

"Oh poor honey." Willa's mom said and grabbed me into a side hug.

"Well then I'll just be your one mom." She said. I smiled and her and then followed Willa up the stairs. Her room was very pretty- indechouse.com/extra-ordinary-teenager-girls-bedroom-interio...  it was blue and white. It was simple yet beautiful, kind of like her.

She grabbed her math packet out from her bag. I got mine out too. We sat on the bean bag chairs and worked through the problems. Halfway through her mom came in and brought us a bowl with raspberries, black berries, strawberries and lemons along the edge of the bowl. We ate the whole bowl full. When we finished we heard the front door open.

"Hey momma number 2." Said a girl.

"Hello Mrs. Violett." Said a guy.

"Misty and Kingston are here." Willa said.

Misty and Kingston came up the stairs and entered Willa's room.

Kingston plopped down on her bed and Misty sat on a chair by Willa's vanity. We all sat and talked and Kingston even sang! Apparently, it was pretty normal of him to do that. After a while we got bored and Kingston said we should play truth or dare.

"I don't know, last time we played I had to kiss Alice, and she wasn't even playing!" Willa exclaimed.

"Oh come on it'll be fun, right Alice?" Kingston asked.

"I guess." I replied. He clapped his hands and told us to all get in a circle.

"I'll start. Misty, truth or dare?" Kingston asked.

"Truth."

 "Have you had a girlfriend yet? If so, who?"

"Yes I have."

"Who?"

"Sorry, I only had to answer one question. Okay, Alice, truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"I dare you to... admit your sexual orientation."

"What?" I asked, a little taken back by this question.

"Are you straight, gay, bi, pan, something else that I probably wont remember the name of?" she asked.

"Isn't that more of a truth?"

"Fine. Then I dare you to... kiss me."

This time I was sure I felt my eyes bulge out of my skull. What kind of dare is that?!?

"I, uh, gotta go." I said and ran out of the room.

Willa's P.O.V.

"Nice job, Misty!" I said.

I ran after Alice and found her sitting in the corner of one of the bathrooms. "Alice? Hun, you okay?" I asked.

"No." she replied.

"Why not?"

"Because... I just can't kiss her, but I don't want to be a bad sport."

"It's okay, I understand that your straight-"

"It's not that."

"Then what is it?"

"I...I like someone else..."

"Who? Is it Kingston or something?"

"No..."

"Some other guy from school?"

"No... you're guessing the wrong sex." I was a little taken aback. "I like y-" I  cut her off by  pressing my lips against hers. This is the second time we've kissed, but I swear I felt more sparks this time.  I realized what I was doing and let go. I looked around to make sure no one saw that.

"I'm sorry... I just-"

"It's okay, I get it. You're straight. I'll just leave." And with that Alice got up, got her stuff out of my room, and left.