Chapter Five

Alice's P.O.V.

"Willa has been gone for a while so I'm going to check on her." I told Kingston. He nodded and I walked off.

I opened the bathroom door and saw Willa and Misty kissing! How could she?!? She said she loved me! I felt the hot tears begin to fall and I ran. I heard Willa call for me, but I won't answer. I'll keep running, like always. If there's a problem, I'll just run. Why face these kinds of things when you can save yourself from this pain and just run? That's what I do best. Avoid confrontation and run. I ran until I found that closet that she had pulled me into this morning. I ran inside of it and huddled into the corner.

"Alice?" I heard Willa say. "Alice, please just listen-"

"To what? You go on about your new girlfriend? I'd rather save myself from such hell."

"No, she's not my girlfriend-"

"Then why'd you kiss her?"

"I didn't! She kissed me! I would never be unfaithful to you. I just told you how I felt! Please, listen to me!" she started to cry along with me. She fell to the ground on her knees and kept saying "I'm so sorry."

"Just promise me one thing."

"I'll promise you anything, just ask."

"Don't hurt me again."

"Of course I won't." She scotched over to me and held me in her arms. "I'm so sorry. I promise I'll never hurt you. Never."

We sat there until the bell rang, signaling that lunch was over. We got up, dusted ourselves off, and walked out, hand in hand. This earned us a few dirty glares, but we didn't care. We had each other.  When we walked to the rest of our classes, we walked there together. It was wonderful. The only thing I dreaded was going home to a family that hates gays.

I drove Alice home and told her that I could always drive her to and from school instead of making her walk. I went inside and decided that I would first tell Jackson. I went to his room and knocked on the door. He opened it up and looked a little shocked that I was on the other side.

"Hey?" he said.

"Hey."

"What you want?"

"Can I not talk to my own brother?"

"Haha very funny. What do you want?"

"I need to talk to you."

"Go on."

"In private." He looked a little concerned and let me into his room- besthomeskitchen.com/green-grey-bedroom-house.html/green-and...

"What is it?" he asked.

"I have something pretty important I have to say and you might not like it."

"Go ahead and say it."

"I'm... gay."

"W-what?"

"I'm a lesbian."

"This shit must run in the family." I was surprised by how he wasn't joking.

"Ok now what are you talking about?" I asked.

"Well... I'm gay too."

"Seriously?"

"Yep."

I began to laugh and he gave me a look. "I-I'm sorry... your right."

"About what?"

"This running in the family."

He smiled at me and I smiled back. "What about Chelsea?" I asked.

"What about her?"

"Did you tell her that? I mean, last time I saw her, she looked kinda like she liked you."

"She didn't, she's gay too."

I began to laugh again and said "This whole town must be gay!" we both laughed for a while and then just sat down and talked. With Jackson being in college, except for this break he's having, we haven't really talked much.

"You wanna talk with Chels?" he asked.

"Why?"

"Well, she's been gay since 10th grade, maybe you guys could talk and you'd have more info about what this is like for other girls."

I nodded and said "Okay."

He picked up his phone and called Chelsea.

"Chels!" he exclaimed. "Wanna come over? Yes? Sweet! You should stay for dinner. Ok see you soon!" he hung up and looked at me. "She'll be here in a few."

I nodded and Jackson and I continued talking for a while. Ten minutes later we heard a knock on the door.

"Chels?" he asked.

She opened the door and said "Yep." Popping the 'P' when she said it. "So why was I called over?"

"Now you have another lesbian friend!" He said. She gave him a confused look and I waved my hand.

"You?" she asked. I nodded and she walked over and sat on the bed with us. "Since when?"

"About... two days ago." I said.

"And your sure you're a lesbian?" she asked.

"Well I do have a girlfriend." I admitted. They both gave me a look and I asked "You wanna meet her?" they both nodded furiously and I smiled at how stupid they looked. I picked up my phone and texted Alice-

'Hey!!!! Wanna come over to my house???? I got a surprise for you! Go into Jackson's (My brother) room. Its right next to mine, plus his name is painted in black on the door. Xoxo'

About two minutes later we heard a knock on Jackson's door.

"Come in!" I said. Alice walked in and smiled to me. "Meet my girlfriend." I said to Chelsea and Jackson.

"She's so cute!" they said in unison. Alice blushed and sat down next to me.

(P.S. here's how we sat!)

   W        J

   A         C

"This is going to be fun!"