"We're going to get drinks; do you need anything?" Kylian asks me as he and his friends stand up.

"I think I'll just take a Coke."

"Got it, I'll grab a coke for you. Anything else you want? Maybe some appetizers?"

"No thanks; I think that's it for now."

"No problem, just the coke then. I'll be right back with it." Kylian says as he and his friends make their way to the bartenders.

While they're gone, I look around and see a lot of people dancing, singing, and just having fun. I feel awkward being here because this isn't necessarily my definition of fun. There are so many people here, and the music is so loud that I can't even hear myself think.

I don't really get why Kylian brought me here tonight, because I feel like it's a boys night out and I'm just here tagging along.

I start getting bored, and I decide to text Kylian and ask him when they're coming back, but I can't find my phone. I look for it in my pockets, but it's nowhere to be found.

Until I remember that it fell in the car as I was leaving and since I was leaving in a hurry, I don't bother to pick it up.

I start feeling like I'm going to lose my mind because Kylian and the boys aren't back, and one of the bodyguards left with them and the other stayed with me, but I can't even find the other one.

I start feeling overwhelmed, but I brush the feeling off because I know that Kylian and the boys should be back by now.

As I am trying to distract myself from the anxious feeling, a random man, who looks to be in his late 50's,  comes out of nowhere and slides into the booth. And I'm not even exaggerating when I say that he slides, because this man, who I don't even know, just decides to slide in the booth and sit next to me without even asking.

"Hey pretty lady, you look lonely. I can fix that." He says this as he attempts to wink at me and wraps his arm around me.

I don't know how he says such a cringe-worthy and cheesy pick-up line with a straight face, because I start laughing uncontrollably.

"I'm not interested. I actually have a boyfriend, and I'm not feeling lonely at all." I say, knowing that the last part is a lie, but he doesn't need to know that.

The man looks around for a few seconds and then starts speaking again. "Well, I don't see the so-called boyfriend anywhere, so why don't you let me buy you a drink?" He says with his thick French accent.

"No thank you, my boyfriend is getting my drink." I say, trying to stay as polite as possible.

The man starts getting closer to me, and it's so close that I don't have any personal space left. I try moving away from him, but he pulls me closer to him and then proceeds to wrap his right arm around my waist and then put his other hand on my thigh.

I show him that I am visibly uncomfortable and even try to take his hands off me. But his grip on me gets tighter.

"Where are you going, sweetheart? We just started talking." The man says as his voice slightly gets aggressive and the look in his eyes changes.

It's a gaze that most men wouldn't understand, as they've never witnessed it and likely never will.

He is now looking at me as if I'm a prey.

When a man fixes on you as prey, his eyes suddenly lock onto you with a determined gleam. The intensity of his gaze lingers unnaturally long, revealing his inner thoughts.

These thoughts are centred around complete possession, not just of material things but of one's very being. It's a relentless drive to exert control and establish dominance, often leaving women feeling vulnerable.