Ch 48 Rabbit and Cat

Start from the beginning

Or so I thought.

'~'

(Catia)

I blink at the rabbit that just kicked down the door to my relaxation room. She blinks back at me. I look down from my crouched position on the tower to the mechanical bird I was about to pounce on, now lying unmoving and in pieces on the ground where the door smacked it.

I pout at the rascally rabbit. "Mew broke it! How am I supposed to hunt it if it's broke!?"

"Uuuhhh." I don't get any real reply from her, making my pout deepen.

"Nya!" Deciding that I'm not going to talk to her, I turn around and hop into the hammock my servants had prepared for me before they left. Laying my head on my arms as I curl up, I still keep an ear out for the rabbit in case she tries to approach me.

And it seems like that was the right call since I hear her heavy footsteps approaching me, though they also sound hesitant, as if she's not sure of where she's putting her feet.

"Hey! Cat! I came here expecting a strong villain to fight! So where are they!?" The annoyance is clear in her voice, but her words are nonsense. Still though, she seems entertaining enough given how my previous fun was interrupted.

Turning around, I hang one of my front paws off of the hammock while looking down at her scowling face. "Villain? There's nyo villain here. My servants purrpared this place for me to relax."

Still scowling, she looks around as if hoping to find this supposed 'villain'. "Then what about the SOS!? Only heroes are able to send and receive the signal for those!"

My tail sways side-to-side and I stare upwards as I think. "Oh! Power Loader must have gone overboard on the trac-cats."

Her eyes shoot back towards me, her body tense once again. "Power Loader?"

I nod, rolling over so my top half is hanging off the hammock. "Meow~, that's right! I nya'd for him to put trac-cats in my hero suit. Guess he thought they were panic yowls instead of simple loca- whoops."

Stretching in the middle of my explanation, I slip off the hammock. I hear shouting coming from below me, probably the rabbit being surprised. Nya, whatever.

As I fall headfirst, I grab onto the second hammock angled below the first and swing towards the tower. Using the force of my swing, I flip myself and land on my behind on the slide that wraps around it, landing softly and throwing my hands in the air. "Nyaaaa~!" I yowl out happily as I speed down, landing in the pile of pillows at the bottom.

Poking my head out, I giggle at the face the rabbit is making. "Nya-ha-ha. Close yuur mouth~, you're gonna attract bugs, nya." I climb out of the pile, stumbling a bit in her direction once I'm free.

My words get her to close her mouth and she looks away. Boo! I want funny faces!

She coughs while avoiding looking at me, causing me to cross my arms and pout a bit. How rude!

"Where the hell are your clothes!?" I tilt my head while looking down at myself in confusion. I look back up at her still not understanding the question.

"Nya? Why would I be wearing clothes? This is my relaxation room. Of course I'm going to be as relaxed as purrssible! And wearing clothes aren't nearly as comfurtable as not wearing clothes." I nod my head repeatedly with my hands on my hips. Full-proof logic!

For some reason though, she puts her head in her hands. Maybe she has a headache? Ooh~, I have something for that! "If mew have a headache, relight the sticks over there! They're purr~fect fur getting rid of them!"

"Did you just purr at me!?" Shaking her head, she nonetheless moves in the direction I pointed while grumbling to herself. Even if they end up not helping her, she can still light them up for me~.

But instead of lighting them she just picks up the piece of paper that was next to them! Ruudde! "Heeeyy~, light the sticksss, nya."

She ignores me, focusing intently on the letter. Ignoring me as I slump over a table and smack it with my hands, she instead opens the box laying on the floor by her feet and pulls out my hero costume along with one of the trac-cats that's been separated. Unlike with the inactive ones, this one has a dimly glowing blue light the same shade as one of my cats.

She finally looks back at me, but her face seems kind of tired? "Look, I'm gonna need you to get dressed so I can make a report to the police. So-"

"Nyyyooo!" I let myself slide off the table and onto the floor while groaning out my rejection of her idea. "I wannya stay in my relaxation room~! You cat make me leave!"

I hear her sigh from my place under the table, adamant that I'll stay here to relax. Hero school is stressful! I have to talk to people, do homework, suppress my urge to hunt All Might. And! I don't even have an opportunity to sneak out to underground fights! My fight energy levels have been maxed out for, like, a month! There's nothing she can say that will get me out of here! Nyathing!

"What if we swing by an all-you-can-eat place? That has a focus on meat dishes?"

"..."

"Nyo-k."

And so, I leave my relaxation room with the rabbit temptress at her offer of meat. Oh, after putting on my hero suit of course. Relaxing state of undress is for the relaxation room only~.