And I will lay my life for her, if necessary, that's how much I care for her.

"You'll regret it, Alexander. Mark my word, you'll regret choosing her. Same as you Drake, that girl is not worth it."

After Samantha left, Brielle went immediately to her sister. I also went ahead and grabbed her clutch bag that she threw, from what Samantha said, I didn't see it but considering Brielle's personality, she probably did and it might have hit Samantha in the face.

"Pero Avy, please don't do that again. And Xander, thank you so much," Brianna said when she saw me come closer.

"No worries, Alam ko namang lapitin ng away itong kapatid mo kaya hinanda ko na ang sarili ko sa pwedeng mangyari," I respond which earned another glare from Brielle.

"Oo nga pala, ano bang pinagsasabi nang bisugong yun at maka-mistress akala mo naman asawa," she asked her sister and Drake who's been comforting Brianna since a while ago.

"Avy, wag ka sanang magagalit ah."

"Okay? Is this really bad?"

I hope not. I don't have any more energy to stop Brielle from going beast mode.

"Drake and I...we're engaged."

Like a dandelion flower that gets blown by the wind, the world is telling me to let go.

___

"Xander anak, what are you still doing here? Kanina ka pa hinahanap ng mga pinsan mo? Nasan si Brielle? Bakit 'di mo kasama?"

"She'll be here later mom. Kinakausap niya lang kapatid nya."

"Kapatid? Brianna is here? Bakit di mo sina-"

"She's a busy mom, let's go before Gramps gets pissed."

I felt numb. I don't know what I was doing or how I managed to stay in line after that revelation. I know Brianna has fallen in love with someone. I know, one day she'll find the one but I never thought that, that one day will be today.

"May I present to you, the Silveria Group headed by Don Enrico Silveria. Accompanied by his children, Ophelia and Ricardo Silveria and his grandchildren, the heir of Silveria Groups, Lorenzo Silveria, his brothers Nicolas and Lukas, and the owner of Tempest Enterprise and Madam Ophelia's only son, Alexander Silveria- Montreal."

We all went up the stage as planned and had gramps make his introduction followed by all the future plans for the group. I don't even know what exactly they are saying but everything seems to be muddled.

"Xander, get ready," Nathan nudged, which brought me back from wherever I was.

"For what?" I whispered back.

Before he even answers, gramps already made the call.

"Tonight is not only a night for everyone in the business world but it will also be a night of togetherness and union in our family as we welcome another member of the group."

What? I never heard abou-

"Alexander iho, you have a very important question to ask? The stage is all yours."

What the hell is going on? I'm staring at Enzo for help but he just gives me a thumbs up. This jerk, at least gives me a damn clue what to do. I look at mom but she seems to be busy in her own world smiling. Seriously, what am I supposed to do?

"Do you have the heirloom with you?" Lukas asked as I was about to go to gramps.

"What heirloom?"

"Dude, grandma's ring? How can you propose without that?"

What! Propose? Why? To whom?

"Also may call on stage, Miss Brielle Ibanez," Gramps called.

At that moment, I knew I fucked up.

"Brielle iha, please join us."

She's literally bewildered. Surprised by the announcement. Who wouldn't? I myself was not prepared for this?

Brielle still went up the stage as gramps said. She look confused and scared of what was happening and what was about to happen. And yes, I do too but if I don't do it, these people will make a ruckus and we'll be a laughingstock for years. On top of that, the statement I made in front of a few people and Samantha a while ago will turn against me.

Shit. I never thought I'd be in a situation like this. It's worse than closing a business deal.

Fuck it! I followed along and do what I have to do.

"Brielle Avy Ibanez, When I met you, I knew I'd met my match. It was only a matter of time until we arrived at this moment. How it turns out is all in your hands."

I pulled out the ring, bent on one knee and looked her in the eyes.

"Brielle-luv, Our past was memorable, can our future be infinite?"

[Conclusion: The perfect plan was never perfect, but plans were ideas to be executed and not meant to be perfect.]

xx