Chapter 15. Diary entries

~Destiny's POV~

Some time as gone by since the capture of The Female Titan, who turned out to be Annie. My teammates were very understanding and stood by my side a lot, even though some still question my decision to keep Annie protected, they haven't questioned anything since the incident with Levi's squad.

I sigh as I look up from my book, looking around the green, flower filled garden, narrowing my eyes a bit to not get blinded by the sun. 'I should go sit under the tree...' I think for myself as I get up, walking about 10 meters to one of the trees in the garden and sitting down under it. I fix my dress and pull my cardigan over my shoulders; it's a bit colder in the shadow after all.

I turn to the side to pick my book up again, but it's gone. A smile spreads across my face as I look up in the leaves of the tree, "You know, stealing my book every time you come to see me isn't very sneaky."

Some rustles in the leaves from the tree is heard before something or more like someone hangs upside down from one of the branches. "Well I thought it was a genius idea. That way you know it's me." Eren says with a smirk before he looks at the book in his hand, "Hmm? This isnt your usual book." He takes a closer look at it.

"What's the deal with this boring thing either way? It doesn't even have a title!" He says and turns the book to look at the back, but there's no text on it there either.

"If you read it, I'm snapping your neck in half tail" I say, crossing my arms.

"You say that, but you're smiling Tiny, so you're not very convincing." He says with a challenging smile, looking at me intensly as he moves his hands to open the book, but doesn't. He only holds his hands like that, probably just to get a reaction out of me.

"I may not sound convincing Lost dog, but I mean every word I'm saying." I say, raising my eyebrow while still having my arms crossed and sitting down under the tree that's giving us shelter from the warm sunlight.

He gives me a cocky smile, before proceeding to slowly open the book, which causes me to get up in a hurry to get my book back, standing on my toes. Eren laughs and gets back up on the branch, "A diary eh? I didn't think you were a diary type of person. Is that why you didn't want me to open it?"

I look at him with a frown, "Just give me back my diary before you regret not listening to me, stupid!" I demand as I try to climb up the tree, but am struggling to reach the branches.

Eren opens the book and starts reading through the pages out loud, "Dear diary, today, I got my first victory against my brother Levi in training." He says before making a grimace, "Good for you Tiny. Just wondering, do you just write boring stuff in here and leave out the interesting things or is your life just that boring?" He asks as I start to attempt climbing up the stem of the three to reach the branch. How am I even gonna climb a tree in a dress in the first place?

"Wow, thank you Eren, what a compliment." I roll my eyes at him, 'Just because your mom got eaten doesn't make your life more interesting.' I think for myself, as I proceed to somehow kind of managing to climb up the trunk of the tree.

"Alright... let's see here..." He browses through the pages of my diary before he seems to find a page he finds interesting, " 'Dear diary, today I transformed into my titan for the first time, and Eren was nice enough to show me how he transforms.' Ooooh, it's about me?" He asks as he looks at me smirking, "'Mikasa was standing beside me while Eren was transforming, and the look she gave him was something that's been on my mind all day.' " His eyes widen slightly in surprise, but suddenly shifts to curiosity.

I start to panic a little, if he found that, what more private things might he find!? "Eren, put it down!" I say as I keep doing my best to find a way up the impossibly tall tree.

"What? No way! This is getting interesting!" He says before he continues speaking, " 'She looked at Eren with a look of admiration, but it was something more mixed into it. I can't put my finger on it, but it reminds me of the look Hange and Levi secretly give eachother when they think no one else is around; which I take as romantic. But that's a bit unsettling, didn't Eren and Mikasa grow up together like siblings?'" Eren reads everything and before looking at me with a raised eyebrow, "Levi and Hange are flirting? No way!" He's completely ignoring the whole thing with Mikasa, I'm not even surprised.

He browses through the pages some more while I seem to have finally gotten the right technique to climb up the tree, now I just have to climb it, "Oh this one doesn't start with dear diary, how interesting."

My eyes widen in panic as I realise he's reading one of my recent diary entries after the incident and the mission. "Eren, I'm serious! Give me my diary!" I say in a panic, I'm not ready yet!

I quickly search my surroundings and find a tree stick to my advantage, but he dodges the tree stick I'm trying to take my diary down with, "Hey, I'm trying to read here!"

"What's going on here?" I hear Mikasa behind me ask; I turn around to see the rest of the 104th squad, causing me to panic even more.

"Is that a diary?" Krista asks, pointing at the book Eren is holding.

"Haha! Eren writes diary entries!?" Jean mocks him, "Damn Eren, you're more girly than I thought!"

Eren looks down at Jean from the tree with a frown, "Shut up horse-face! This is Tinys, not mine!"

They look at Eren and then at me, then back at Eren, "Why the hell are you holding Destiny's diary in the first place?" Ymir asks, crossing her arms.

"Did you even ask for her permission?" Armin asks with his eyebrows slightly furrowed.

Eren ignores their words and starts reading my diary entry, "'With green eyes as bright and colourful as the peaceful leaves stuck on a tree, flowing with the wind, and hair as dark as tree bark from an old oak tree, you're like the nature yourself. For long I've dreamed of freedom, but even inside these caged walls, you make me free as a bird when you're around. Never in 2000 years did I think I would ever be able to put up with you, but even so your stubborn, hard headed and impulsiveness, but they've grown on me more than I would want to admit. Instead of annoyance at the thought of you, I find myself drawing towards you more than just in my thoughts. I might be going crazy, or perhaps my heart tells me the truth when it says I love you, I love you, I love, I love, I lov-'" He gets interrupted as I snatch my diary out of his hands. I somehow managed to get up into the tree the last second before disaster.

I quickly jump down from the tree, taking my fabric bag and putting my diary and the rest of the things I brought with me in it, completely ignoring the shocked eyes of the others before I leave as fast as I can.

This is bad, real bad. I just have to hope they won't be able to figure out who it is.