Chapter 9. The walking corpse

~Destiny's POV~

Before I know it, I'm high above the ground. Which is weird since it still feels like my feet are steadily on the ground, so I look down. And to my surprise, I'm standing on the ground, but everything around me looks so much smaller, the soldiers looking like ants, the buildings looking like dollhouses and the trees like grass. The only thing that actually looks around my size is Erens titan, but even he is shorter than me.

"Did I do it?" I ask which leaves me in surprise, "How in the hell am I talking?"

I look down at everyone who stares at me in a mixture of amazement and horror. "Holy crap, you're huge!" Someone shouts, but it takes a couple of seconds for me to grasp what they said and who spoke. I came to the conclusion that it was Connie.

"Yeah, not so Tiny anymore, aren't ya?" Another one shouts and in frustration to not grasp who speaks and what they're saying leaves me kneeling down to hear them better.

"More importantly, you look horrible." Ymir shouts with a sly grin on her face before Krista glares at her.

"Don't listen to her, you look.... super cool!!" Krista tries to reassure me but I can hear that she too thinks I look scary.

"Okay, Krista, I can hear that lie all the way up here. What do I even look like?" I ask, crossing my arms as I sit down on the ground.

"Let's just say you look like you belong 6 feet under." Jean says and looks up at me.

"More like a zombie who just crawled up from its grave." Ymir says, studying my titan form.

"Seriously?" I ask before they all nod in unison.

"Definitely."

"Yup."

"On point."

I groan loudly, looking around to see if I can find something that I can see my reflection in. Fortunately, I see a river stream nearby, or well about a kilometer away, and walks towards it. I kneel down and look at myself. They're right. I look like a walking corpse. Half of my body is skeleton, with the other half actually having muscles with some places with skin. And for some reason, I still have hair and my body resembles a females. My head is basically just a skull, my neck is a mixture of skeleton and muscle, with muscles covering my shoulders, all the way to my arms and to my chest, covering half of my ribs and only the backside of my body. Then there's skeleton from the half lower part of my spine, my hipbone and then the muscles start at my thighs, going all the way down to my feet. Oh, and my hands are skeleton as well.

I stand back up and walks back to the others. There could be a possibility that this isn't actually what my titan looks like, and it's just not completely developed. I guess I'll just have to see if my features change the other times I transform. "Does anyone have a clue how I get out of here?" I ask, sitting down so I don't hurt the others.

"Destiny, how would we know?" Reiner asks with his arms crossed, "None of us here are titan shifters except you and Eren."

I narrow my eyes at Reiner, or well, I do in my mind since I can't narrow them in my titan form because I don't possess eyelids. "You can never be sure." I look at Mikasa who's the only one with ODM gear on, "Mika, could you cut me out of my titan? And Eren, come out of your titan as well."

Mikasa gives me a nod before she shoots herself up towards my nape, my eyes widen at the sudden sharp pain at the nape of my neck and before I know it I'm held up by Mikasas arms. I lean back a bit against Mikasa, suddenly getting hit with a wave of exhaustion, but that's not gonna stop me from pushing myself to transform as many times as possible. "Thank you, Mika." I say and look over my shoulder at Mikasa, giving her a slight smile.

The others goes back to training as Mikasa helps me down from my titan, and I end up staring at it for a couple of minutes, both admiring it but really despising it at the same time. I look over at Eren who's back from his titan as well. "I don't really know how to explain how to emerge out of your titan again, but keep training on your transformation and I'll try explaining things as much as possible." He says as Mikasa nods.

"And if you're not able to emerge out, I'll be here to cut you out again." She reassures me as I look up at her, feeling that warmth from them both again as I nod.

A couple of transformation later, and I was still unable to merge out of my titan at will, as well as learning that my titan will forever look like a walking corpse. Lucky me.

I let out a deep sigh, feeling quite exhausted and very unmotivated at the moment. "Come on Destiny, there's no need to sulk about it. You'll get the hang of it eventually." Eren tries to cheer me up but it just leaves me frustrated instead.

"Eventually isn't enough, I need to learn until tomorrow incase I have to chase after the female titan with the ODM gear." I look at Eren and Mikasa who looks at eachother and then back at me.

"Isn't that what Mikasa and the others are for? You and me are only supposed to fight with our titans, correct?" Eren asks, crossing his arms as he looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

"That's correct... But if something goes wrong, if they're in danger and we have no other choice but to emerge out of our titans, I won't be able to do so unless someone cuts me out." I look down in disappointment. I really thought I was better than this, especially since I was Ymir Fritz, the first titan; I of all people should be able to do this. It's honestly embarrassing.

Mikasa sighs softly and sits down next to me on the ground, placing her hand on the side of my head and gently leans it on her shoulder. "Destiny, you talked to the commander and came to the conclusion to have us on the mission since we are the only ones capable to handle the situation and still be unharmed. I understand that you're still concerned, but remember the faith you had in us earlier. We're comrades, we have eachothers backs. If the others fall behind, then at least one of us will still be by your and Erens side to take the female titan down." She says reassuringly while looking down on me who's leaned against her shoulder. "Now you should get some rest, you're exhausted."

"No I'm not."

"Shut up, I know you are." She says a bit sternly which leaves me frowning.

"Fine."